NGD So Cal goodness!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD So Cal goodness!

Hi everyone. It's been a long time since I've posted on here but I've been loving Jackson and Charvels again recently and thought to make a post of my recent purchases

I went to a really cool guitar store yesterday to check out some guitars and took along my Ibanez JS1000 incase I fancied part exchanging for something. The JS1000 was a really great guitar that I wanted ever since I was about 13 years old but turns out it's not really for me and I can't quite put my finger on why.

So any way, I checked out quite a few guitars

Ibanez Iron Label 7 string. It sounded pretty awesome but the fret work wasn't exactly great. Fret ends were sharp, fretboard was very dry and wouldn't hold its tuning which was a shame as I had been GASing for this for quite a while.

The I tried a Gibson LPJ. Sounded pretty cool and the fret work was decent. Though the whole guitar felt very cheap and nasty.

Then I tried out Charvels. They had a few San Dimas models and So Cal models which all felt fantastic. I ended up walking out with one

The neck felt amazing, the tone was inspiring and the guitar stayed in tune well despite the strings desperately needing to be changed.

I've wanted a So Cal ever since Charvel made the US versions a few years ago but never had the chance to buy one when I found one so I'm incredibly happy

Here's a shot of some of the other guitars I've got hanging in my room too

93 USA Soloist EDS
    USA HT6 Juggernaut
    Charvel DK24FR

Congrats!

Comment

Nice! Also, how do you like that 8-string?
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I quite like it. I compared it alongside a Ibanez RG8 and the Jackson just sounded better and felt more comfortable. The pickups aren't too bad for what they are but when the guitar only cost my £286, why pay out over £200 for a new set of pickups?

Worth the money I'd say.
        93 USA Soloist EDS
        USA HT6 Juggernaut
        Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Cool. I was thinking of maybe picking one up eventually.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
          X