Just nabbed my first Charvel!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just nabbed my first Charvel!

A black DST-3 Star via Ebay... Its a new one, but the starting bid was only $100. And even after being listed for a full week, the bidding never went very high... Lucky me!

Will post pics when she arrives...

Congrats!

Comment

As an owner of one of the Desolation models, I feel qualified to say this:

What we bought is nice. I would buy more if the body was larger.
      But don't confuse them with other Charvels. I may not know what other new Charvel lines are like, but I know that the Desolation series is nothing like the old Model series or the original ones.

And I don't mean 'it aint like it use to be', I mean that they are totally different. Like Cadillac vs Corvette, or even farther - monster truck vs motorcycle.
      Its not that one is better then another, they are just too different in too many ways to even compare.

Comment

Congeads!
        Any way you could possibly put more shit into your sig?

Comment

It's been so long since I've played a Charvel (15+ years) that there's no chance I'll be comparing it to the old models... I bought it because I like the body style and it was cheap, LOL!!! I plan on modding the crap out of it anyway...
          Last edited by Metal Spawn; 05-22-2014, 10:23 AM.

Comment

and i thought i had a bargain on mine congrats

Comment

Originally posted by guitardudeluke View Post
              and i thought i had a bargain on mine congrats

Your comment made me realize I worded my original post somewhat poorly, Luke. Didn't mean to imply I got it for a little more than $100... I actually paid $214 + $50 s/h, which after the exchange came to approx. $297 CDN (duty + taxes will run roughly another $35 once it arrives). Still a good deal considering DST-3's normally sell for around $529 + tax in Canada (that's provided you can even find a Charvel dealer in these parts). Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Metal Spawn View Post
                Your comment made me realize I worded my original post somewhat poorly, Luke. Didn't mean to imply I got it for a little more than $100... I actually paid $214 + $50 s/h, which after the exchange came to approx. $297 CDN (duty + taxes will run roughly another $35 once it arrives). Still a good deal considering DST-3's normally sell for around $529 + tax in Canada (that's provided you can even find a Charvel dealer in these parts). Cheers!
                haha still a good deal then love mine

Comment

Arrived yesterday!

Pretty decent for a cheaper guitar. Upper fret access isn't the best, however... And when 'Mod Time' comes, the strap buttons will have to be moved (currently a tad neck-heavy) and the output jack is getting relocated to the underside of the upper wing. Speaking of which, anyone know where to buy a black chrome Strat-style jack plate for a reasonable price? They seem to be rather scarce items in North America from what I can tell...

Comment

I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Thanks for the link, but they don't have black chrome (aka 'black nickel'). Found this site from the UK after that's a little cheaper than the other site I found...

Unfortunately, they don't have their international shipping rates posted.

Comment

Working...
                      X