Help identifying a Charvel San Dimas Style 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help identifying a Charvel San Dimas Style 1

Hello, I'm a Carvel fan and user and I own several Charvel guitars and I'm interested in buying a mint condition Charvel San Dimas Type 1, the guitar is great, well built with Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates, gotoh floyd, but it has no serial number or reference to where it was manufactured, I've looked in the internet to see if I could find info or a guitar just like this one but no luck... The seller said it was made in Japan but I can't confirm that or the specific model/year... can you help me on that so I can decide if I buy it and for how much? Here are the pictures

Thank you in advance
    Last edited by fotoman; 06-19-2014, 02:37 PM.

That's not an SD Style 1. That headstock seems to be from around 2002 when the Charvel line came back, but it may be a model for the Japanese market only, as it's not featured in the U.S. catalog.

I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      That's not an SD Style 1. That headstock seems to be from around 2002 when the Charvel line came back, but it may be a model for the Japanese market only, as it's not featured in the U.S. catalog.

http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c...002_Charvel%2F
      Hi Toejam,
      Thank you for the input and Info, I's emailed Charvel and they said it was a pre fender model, not sure about that... the body style of this guitar is very diferent in shape than the ones in the 2002 catalog, also headstock is slimmer and the logo is diferent as it still says charvel/jackson like the 90's japaneese made Charvels,... but the use of the SD pearly gates pickup is an idication that it could be from the 2002 period, I'm inclined to agree with you that it is a model for the japaneese market...

If anyone as info or a catalog of that era for the japaneese market would finaly solve the mistery... or not...

Comment

Yeah, that's a Strat body, not a Dinky body. Most likely earlier due to logo... I didn't catch that before.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Neck might be from a CHS 1 or 2........lower level guitars. No evidence the body is Charvel and the control route is funny. NO LOCKING NUT !! I'd consider this a mutt, def not what he thinks it is.......
          Last edited by Grawnday; 06-18-2014, 12:43 AM.

Comment

If not a mutt, I would say that it was made in korea. The wide spread dots and the weird control rout say mik to me. Ive seen korean made ps4 performers with weird routs before.

Comment

That neck is MIK to me too. That's a mighty mite body, MIK also. I can tell from the control cavity route.

Comment

Hi thank you everyone for the input, according to the seller e had the locking nut removed by a luthier becase he did no like it, did not use the floyd and had locked anyway so... he still has it... based on all this info I decided not to buy it.
                Thank you everyone!!!
                Last edited by fotoman; 06-19-2014, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fotoman View Post
                  Hi thank you everyone for the input, according to the seller e had the locking nut removed by a luthier becase he did no like it, did not use the floyd and had locked anyway so... he still has it... based on all this info I decided not to buy it.
                  Thank you everyone!!!
                  Good move, better off with one of the "Model" or "Pro-Mod" series Charvels.
                  Good luck!

Comment

Pre fender is a term that means nothing really so don't put much stock in that when you hear it.
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                    X