Bloodbath

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloodbath

I always admired the old and reissue Charvel Blood Splatter guitars. So, I decided to build one to my own tastes. I started with a very nice Charvel Model 2. It was already white that has yellowed beautifully. I would have had a hard time covering it with the blood if it didn’t arrive with a couple of bumps and bruises. I started by filling the damaged areas with blood and the fun began.

The blood paint is from a movie prop house and is supposed to stay fresh and shiny looking. I replaced all of the black hardware with new gold. I bought a new Schaller Floyd, Grover Medium Rotomatic Locking Tuners, DiMarzio F-spaced D Activator Bridge with gold poles, Dimarzio gold screws and knob gold strap locks and a CTS pot.

I traded the original Rosewood neck for a model 1 maple and made a shelf for the Floyd locking nut to eliminate the old string lock.
    It all came together beautifully.

The blood is extremely real looking and in some spots there almost appears to have clots and small bubbles. I decided not to clear coat the blood. I like the real 3D look and feel. I have a Schaller on my 1990 Jackson Soloist Pro and I always loved it, but this one for what ever reason is incredible. It flutters better than any OFR I have used.

Conte

The blood really does look real. I dig it dude.....
    -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

Charvel slumber party massacre! That looks great.......real horrorshow!

Comment

Looks great! I always liked the red dripped on white better than red dripped on black.

Comment

Awesome "Zombie Killer"

Maybe some blood on the headstock too?

Great job Dude!

Comment

Killer job. I like it.
            I have a Jackson and a Charvel and I play one in each hand.

Comment

Very nice job! Looks amazing!

Comment

Thanks guys! It was a fun project.

Comment

Great job!
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                  X