consensus on MIM HS HT pro mods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• consensus on MIM HS HT pro mods?

I'm considering getting one of these hardtails but cannot handle one before buying (typical).

how are the necks and fret edges on these?
    how is the balance of the guitar vs neck weight?
    I've heard good things about the body paint work?
    how is the fit and finish? (for example the MIJ pro mods had excellent fit and finish)

thanks for any input provided!
    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Always best to try one if you can, but they're very nice quality.
    Fret ends are straight cut, like Strats, nice neck profiles similar to MIA, MIJ.
    Very nice paint, good balance too.

Here's a cool video review from a really good shred guitarist from France.

Good luck!

Comment

to me the MIA and MIJ are very different not sure how you can say the MIM are similar to both.

Comment

Thanks for the vid link bro.
        Dave Nassie also has a couple of HS HT vids up, man that guy rips!

gotta go white!
        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I had a MIJ So-Cal and I sold that because I needed the cash. I have a MIM San Dimas hardtail and I can say they're pretty much the same guitar.

I really don't believe buying a custom shop guitar means anything. You can get a good guitar now that will last a life time for under $1,000

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
            to me the MIA and MIJ are very different not sure how you can say the MIM are similar to both.
            Rich,
            To me there's more of a difference between the “Model” & “ProMod” neck profiles than MIA-MIJ-MIM.
            The MIM’s don’t the fret tangs cut back, other than that…. They’re kinda like three peas in a pod to me.

Comment

Wow that was very cool. One of the parts had a Pind Floyd vibe to it.

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
                Thanks for the vid link bro.
                Dave Nassie also has a couple of HS HT vids up, man that guy rips!

gotta go white!
                Yes, I agree, built my hardtain "mutt" with the white body I snagged off ebay & a nice old model 1 neck I had laying around, but I wouldn't be afraid to get an MIM neck for it some day in the future.

Checked out Dave Nassie's videos, really good picker, for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabusa hooligan View Post
                  Wow that was very cool. One of the parts had a Pind Floyd vibe to it.
                  I've found that the neck pickup on the hardtails gets pretty darn close to nailing that Gilmore tone too.

Comment

Working...
                  X