In need of serious help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In need of serious help!

I have a 1988 Model 4m that needs leveled refretted...I am not finding any info on this year/models neck radius. I have found that earlier models(early 80s) have an 11"...but i also am aware that charvel was the frontrunner for compound radius necks. If so, is it 9.5-16? 10-16? My head is spinning I want to do this right and keep it as original as possible. Please Help!
    Last edited by weaponX; 04-22-2015, 01:37 PM.

It should have a 12 - 16 compound radius.

Comment

Thank you! ive gotten conflicting responses...9.5-16...10-16(ish) they actually said "ish"....some people just dont get it...
      I may have to purchase gauges just for piece of mind.

Comment

I remember them being 12-16 compound as well but I'd still buy a set of radius gauges too because they come in handy for set-ups.

Comment

I would think the person doing the refret would know - unless that person is you

Comment

I was always informed that they are 10-16, but like MattB says, get some radius gauges from stew-mac, they are pretty cheap. I am in the same predicament as you, but with a model 6. The frets on mine are hammered, I'll post here when I get the frets etc. I am thinking of replacing the whole fretboard, but not sure I want to go that far, yet. If it makes you feel any better, a re-fret shouldn't really involve the radius, unless you need to have the board leveled, etc.. Mine has a ton of divots, hence the thought of just replacing it. Good Luck.
            Last edited by ps43203; 04-25-2015, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X