NGD - my first Charvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD - my first Charvel

Actually picked up this Charvel Super Stock SD-1 a couple of weeks ago. I must say I am very pleased with my first ever Charvel guitar.

Cool.
    8 strings? Because 6 is too easy?

Comment

Hot. You did pretty good for your first one.

Comment

The first of many I guess! Cool guitar!

Comment

Nice. I have one also that I played for about 2 hours this afternoon.I swapped out the JB in the bridge for a custom/59 hybrid. I love the 59 in the neck, it's very bright for a humbucker.
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Yeah I am loving my new MIM Charvel. I ordered it online, so I didn't get to play it beforehand. When I received it the action was quite high so I took it to my tech for a good set-up and had it tuned to Eb. It now plays awesome and I love the neck, as I knew I would. I already had a 2007 MIJ Jackson DK2 with the similar compound radius neck. I think the fit and finish on my new MIM Charvel is on par or even better than my MIJ Dinky. Only a bit of nervousness ordering online, but this online purchase was a success!

Comment

sweet looking guitar

Comment

Dammit.

I go to the les paul forums, I wanna upgrade my LPC.

I come here, I want a new SL2H custom or a MIM Charvel.

Dammit, I need to get off guitar forums.

THis is what happens when you have two days left in your job and have nothing to do!

Comment

Very cool. Congrats.

Comment

That model caught my eye because I love the color orange and a matching headstock is a great custom feature. It's definitely a great 1st Charvel.

I would have bought one in a heartbeat if they were made in the USA like the original production models.
                    Last edited by Matt_B; 05-07-2015, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Great looking guitar! Congrats!

Comment

Cool axe. Congrats
                        -------------------------
                        Blank yo!

Comment

I love that run of guitars, they nailed the specs perfectly. If I didn't already have 3 sparkles, I'd be buying one of these, too. LOL

Comment

The only negative for me is all trem related. The fine tuners are not smooth, they have a bit of bind and grit to them. Also the trem arm loosens and wobbles. It does hold tune well regardless. The oiled neck is fantastic.
                            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Yeah, those are common issues on the MIK Floyds. Adding a little oil to the threads can help the fine tuner thing. The trem arm doesn't bother me, as I'm one of those guys that prefers it swinging freely, anyway. In any event, relatively minor stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X