Charvel Avengers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Avengers

Why are these so hard to find? Did they make them in limited amount?
    According To The Prophecy

I have only seen them with the tooth paste logo so I guess maybe they were only made like 2 years. I don't think they went over all that well, most guys wanted Jackson v's to be like Randy!

Comment

Where are you at in Central Fl.?

Comment

Bushnell

Comment

Saw a white one at a local pawn shop that went fairly cheap. Didn't have the money for it.
          Got a huge lust for a Japanese market CRR-068 in white, now if only I could get it in short scale....

Any way you could possibly put more shit into your sig?

Comment

I have a blue avenger but really don't care much for it, I only have it because I am a Charvel nut! that crr-068 is probably much better.

Comment

From what I've read, they were only made for two years in the early 90s. (like 91-92 ish) I was lucky enough to come across one on my local craigslist and made a jump on it. If you ever see one, make the jump. They are indeed very hard to find.

Comment

I just like the Hum/Single set up, & it's a V

Comment

Originally posted by Drake S. View Post
                  I just like the Hum/Single set up, & it's a V
                  There's no HUM is all singles just looks that way...there was one in my local Music Go Round while I was out of town! by the time I got back it was gone...it was a red one. I figured all singles won't have the kick but looked rare enough!

EDIT: I only have 1 post!? what happened to my others not that I post much or have been around lately...damn my lurker streak is over!
                  Last edited by Invisible Jack; 09-16-2015, 01:30 PM.

Comment

To be fair, a lot of Avengers had the dual singles routed out for a hum.

Originally posted by Invisible Jack View Post
                    EDIT: I only have 1 post!? what happened to my others not that I post much or have been around lately...damn my lurker streak is over!
                    A while back the board crashed (not the last two or so times)and they used a backup that was like 6+ months old.
                    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                      To be fair, a lot of Avengers had the dual singles routed out for a hum.

A while back the board crashed (not the last two or so times)and they used a backup that was like 6+ months old.
                      that explains it...thanks for letting me know. An AVENGER with a single and the hum routed would be a cool update, worth one IMO but perhaps a single and 2 mini hums would be even better...I hope to find one again.

Comment

No, the Avenger really needs a standard bridge humbucker to make it useable. lol
                        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

The original Avengers are a plywood entry level rhoads, theyre ok for what they are, but not exactly desirable

Can't comment on any Japanese market stuff that may have been higher tier stuff

Probably better off looking for a Jackson PS3/PS3T performer in my opinion

Comment

they maybe entry level but they are not plywood, or at least the one I own is not. The neck is as good as any Jackson charvel import. the big draw back IMHO is the bridge, and the bridge pickups.

Comment

yeah ok, only some are plywood

Comment

Working...
                              X