Drop in replacement tuners - 375 Deluxe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drop in replacement tuners - 375 Deluxe

Looking to replace the tuners in my 89' Charvel 375.

Probably going to put in locking tuners (maybe overkill).

What brand should i go with? Do Schaller ones fit?

I don't want to have to drill new holes in the headstock or anything.

Thanks!

the model series charvels came with very good tuners.(why the change?) locking tuners would be overkill on a locking nut guitar IMO. Schaller tuners should fit fine.

Comment

Originally posted by paranoid View Post
      the model series charvels came with very good tuners.(why the change?) locking tuners would be overkill on a locking nut guitar IMO. Schaller tuners should fit fine.
      two of my tuners don't turn smoothly. They are the ones with Jackson stamps on the back.

I just like locking tuners for ease of restringing. So any Schaller ones will fit in without modification?

Comment

Originally posted by Larsson View Post
        two of my tuners don't turn smoothly. They are the ones with Jackson stamps on the back.

I just like locking tuners for ease of restringing. So any Schaller ones will fit in without modification?
        http://www.stewmac.com/Hardware_and_...RCFG%3a6INLINE

Take your pick
        \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

I string my floyd guitars with the ball ends at the tuning peg, it don't get much easier then that.

Comment

You'll probably need to go with a Gotoh if you don't want to drill a new mounting screw hole. Gotoh makes Jackson tuners.
            96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

So has anyone actually made the switch to another tuner in thier 80s charvels?

Will gotoh and schaller fit? Ideally i'd want to go with schallers.

Comment

I have a U.S.A. pointy headstock Charvel with Schaller tuners and it appears to me that the would interchange with no changes, but I do not know if there are different models of the tuners.

Comment

Originally posted by paranoid View Post
                  I have a U.S.A. pointy headstock Charvel with Schaller tuners and it appears to me that the would interchange with no changes, but I do not know if there are different models of the tuners.
                  Could you potentially post a photo of your tuners? So i could try find the same set. Looking at the Schaller m6 tuners at the moment.

Comment

I put locking Schallers on my RR1T. The holes required slight reaming for them to go in but the screws lined up perfectly. I also had them put on my Model 5, but that was done by Mike Learn, so I don't know if any crazy stuff was necessary.

Worst case scenario you'll need to slightly file or drill out the peg holes and drill some pilots for the tuner lock screws.

I also have locking tuners on my floyded guitars for ease of string changes. Having the ball ends at the tuners is an abomination in the eyes of god.
                    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post

Having the ball ends at the tuners is an abomination in the eyes of god.

Really! What is your forum name? My eye site is bad cant see em under the stage lights anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                        Having the ball ends at the tuners is an abomination in the eyes of god.

First time I saw it was on my SDK and I was horrified. Then I learned a trick that's saved me a couple times. Actually put a couple windings on the post. When your string brakes at the bridge (and it will eventually) unlock, uncoil, insert broken bit into the saddle, tighten and tune.
                        Any way you could possibly put more shit into your sig?

Comment

I've used Gotoh locking tuners on my guitar with a Charvel 375 neck. Just take the one screw ones.
                          http://blog.philadelphialuthiertools...now-available/

Comment

Working...
                          X