Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with identification - I know nothing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with identification - I know nothing!

Hello,

I have this guitar that has been in a basement for ever. I know it's an import from my little research but that's about it. Can anyone help me identify it? I'm sure it's not worth much but if anyone had an estimate of resale value (once I removed the very 1990's stickers) I'd really appreciate knowing what a fair price would be. thanks!

Photo album here: http://imgur.com/a/oY9hG

It is a Fusion Special that someone modified from the two singles in the bridge to a humbucker. Worth 250.00- 400.00 depending on the person and condition. (just my opinion) The Maple fret board adds a little flavor for some buyers.
    METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Thanks for the help I'm going to research these more- appreciate your time!

Comment

Is the humbucker a better pickup than the stock one?

Comment

for reference I bought a MINT condish Fusion deluxe a few years ago for $350...
          sigpic
          Action Jackson

Comment

your A string needs a block in the bridge
            sigpic
            Action Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by Nimitz View Post
              your A string needs a block in the bridge
              Yeah I noticed that. This thing hasn't seen light of day since probably 1996. Going to clean it up this weekend and put some new strings on and she how she looks.

Comment

Originally posted by icequeen View Post
                Is the humbucker a better pickup than the stock one?
                Those two singles in the bridge were pretty weak sounding. The full humbucker should sound better, and you can change it to one of your liking.
                METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

You'll lose the ability to use the fine tuner, but until you buy a block for it, you can run an uncut string through the hole. You can still intonate the guitar (which it desperately needs), unless you use "the tool".

Just a totally random question here ----
                  If it has been in your closet for twenty years, shouldn't you know whether or not the pickup you put in is better than the two that you took out?

Comment

I didn't change the pickup. I bought her like this when I was in college back in early-mid 90's. Haven't used it much since. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
                    X