2016 Pro Mod Models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toejam View Post
    I just looked up Charvel's site. Didn't realize they had so many more new colors now. The truss rod wheel and the HT are definitely a nice touch.
    it's actually an issue for me as I like to many of them all series. Right now I'm planning on a White Hard Tail , a White So Cal , a White San Dimas Floyd , a Tobacco Burst Floyd, a Satin Blue Hard Tail, the list goes on and on. I hate it as I want one of each LOL.

Comment

The colors are the biggest plus. I would like to have a surf green San Dimas that I can play all night. My surf green road worn/relic Strat is good for a few songs but not heavy enough tone to deliver all night.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
        Thanks. It's more than cosmetic as well. I've had a few where a high pup gets angled back nonparallel with the strings and it affects the tone. Once you level it out and get that rear coil slightly higher and the front coil slightly lower, some pups sound better
        That's the one thing that bugs me about pickguarded Charvels like my So-Cal. Can't get that damn bridge pickup flush with the strings!

Comment

I think they all look like Mexican made Jacksons with a strathead. Flat sawn necks not quarter sawn, Knob placement and the blade switch, direct mount pickups no bezel. No thanks. I am not saying they are bad just not for me. I do like the truss adjustment wheel . I also see that the skunk stripe went away? Just like on the EVH guitars? The Demartini pro mods still have it though.

Comment

Originally posted by metalhobo View Post
            That's the one thing that bugs me about pickguarded Charvels like my So-Cal. Can't get that damn bridge pickup flush with the strings!
            Yeah with a pg that can be a pain. At least with humbuckers mounted to the body you can do a redneck fix and install some foam underneath them to angle them forward a bit.

Comment

After playing a ton of them, I wish for 2 things.
              1) Bring back the flat Pick guard. The new So Cal is gloss black pick guard. It's nice and I wouldn't Not buy one due to this but I thought the Last years models So cal's just looked better flat.
              2) Bring back the full Humbucker tone in position 2 with the volume control down. I don't like the out of phase tone on the San Dimas or So Cal. The output drops a lot and sounds like crap.

Comment

I know this thread its old, but for those of you that own one of the 2016 or 2017 model. I want to buy one of the new San Dimas pro-mod models but i want to replace stock SD pickups with Motor City pickups, My question is; Do i need to use humbuckers with short legs or long legs humbuckers are ok as replacement?

Comment

Originally posted by vchild View Post
                  I know this thread its old, but for those of you that own one of the 2016 or 2017 model. I want to buy one of the new San Dimas pro-mod models but i want to replace stock SD pickups with Motor City pickups, My question is; Do i need to use humbuckers with short legs or long legs humbuckers are ok as replacement?
                  You'll Need:

Short Legs.

Cheers,

Tom

Comment

^ this

Comment

thanks guys!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X