Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 4 Partial Scallop

Hey Guys,

My Model 4 has seen alot of work in the last year. I tried to find my progress pics but couldn't dig them up...aw well. Did from 16th fret and up. In hindsight I should have done 15 as well but I didn't as I wanted a better 'anchor' for when playing up there in A, as its very common for me.

I also had to fill and redrill for the trem posts as seen in the last pic!

Am I missing something here?? Model 4 with sharkfins instead of dots?? And you say from 16th fret up.. I count 18-22...??
    Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

model 4's from '87 onwards had Sharkfins, the are the ones that had a JT6. The 86 models with the kahlers had dots

Yeah I only see scallops to the 18th fret

looks nice though

Comment

That is a JT6. Or was that added/modified?
        Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Yeah, that was a typo, 18th and up!

That's the stock JT-6, and sharkfins hah. I had to drill/fill/redrill for the posts though as the old studs were starting to pull out (basswood is soft).

Comment

scaloping looks nice
            GEAR:
            #1 2001 MIJ Jackson DK-2 (IG Smoke Stack II,IG Pig Iron & 79' Gibson T-Top)
            #2 1995 MIK modded Fender squire (IG Rollings Mills,SD SC-101, IG Iron Slag)

#3 2001 MIK Squier Stagemaster Deluxe[Fender TripleBucker]
            #4 2007 MIJ DKMG/DXMG Jackson (IG VOLTS)
            #5 1985 MIA Gibson SG Special (EMG 85 & H)
            #6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
            AMPS:
            1989 Randall RG 100 ES;Randall RH 200;Peavey 412 ms;two Early 70's Woodson 212's
            ART SGX 2000 w/x15 ultrafoot;ART MutiVerb

Comment

I'm tempted to scallop my 375 deluxe similarly, needs a refret too.

Not sure if I'll do a refret first with bigger frets before going for a scallop though

Comment

Looks sloppy to me, I'll be the voice of reason and say stop what you're doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                  Looks sloppy to me, I'll be the voice of reason and say stop what you're doing.

It was a hand tooled first attempt that was done months ago on a guitar that's battered to shit. Thanks for your input

Comment

Working...
                  X