2016 San Dimas Case Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 San Dimas Case Recommendations

New member here. I just picked up a 2016 San Dimas Tobacco burst. I need a hardshell skb or skb style case. I am looking at some at MF, Sw, etc...
    No one on the planet has a Charvel Branded SKB available currently.

I am considering the: SKB-66 Deluxe Universal Electric Guitar case black. I like that it is molded to a strat style body shape, and prefer it to the non molded 'universal' cases.
    It is half the price of the unavailable Charvel case as well.

It looks to be almost the same case minus the Charvel embossed logo.

Does any one have any idea if the San dimas will NOT fit.

I currently have it in an old ratty ibanez case that does not lock and is falling apart.

Also any other recommendations for cases are appreciated.

Thanks.

Here's a few pics of my new guitar.

Why do you post these pic's? I hate it I had that guitar in my hand when I purchased my White 2016 HT and wanted that as well. The Black Chrome Hardware is super awesome and that Tobacco bust is crazy cool.

Anyway now I got that off my chest, Fender Strat cases if you don't mind it saying Fender on it are very nice.
    The SKB cases with he factory Charvel on it are also very nice but a little more then the SKB with no Logo on it. It's a beautiful case which is what I put my Charvels in, they are worth the extra money as how can you put a price on protecting your baby?
    The gator cases are ok, cheaper but pretty damn nice. Guitar Center always has some Strat Cases on sale so I would go there if your trying to save a few pennies. This way you can try it out there with one of their Strats to see if you like it.

But in the end I strongly suggest the Charvel SKB case or one with no Charvel Logo. I like that case better then the others.

Comment

+1

Congrats on your new Charvel, looks awesome.

I have both the Charvel branded SKB and SKB-66 cases.
      Truth is I actually like all the extra room in the SKB-66.
      The Charvel case is really nice too, with it's box area, but the 66 crushes it in more total useable interior space.

You get what you pay for, also remember if you ever break a handle or latch, SKB is just a phone call away with free replacement parts too.

Comment

Thanks for the, compliments, info, and cool vibes guys. Helps a lot.

Knowing the the SKB-66 fits the San Dimas makes it an easy decision.

It's not like I have a choice to get the Charvel branded one atm as no one has them available.

Thanks again.

Comment

Received the SKB-66.

The case fits like a glove. Very nice case, with plenty of storage. Worth every penny.
          Thanks again for all of the info and help.

Pic below:

Comment

Looks awesome!

Comment

The SKB cases are very nice.
              That Color is IMO probably the best looking one out of them all. I also love the fact they didn't use black or chrome and went with that Smokey looking Black Chrome. Even the Zebra Look perfect on it.
              Thats it I'm getting one I can't take it.

Comment

Originally posted by jspeed View Post
                Looks awesome!

Originally posted by mantis View Post
                The SKB cases are very nice.
                That Color is IMO probably the best looking one out of them all. I also love the fact they didn't use black or chrome and went with that Smokey looking Black Chrome. Even the Zebra Look perfect on it.
                Thats it I'm getting one I can't take it.
                Thanks guys!
                Last edited by ZeroFiveFour; 04-25-2016, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X