X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSSSSSssssss......

This slithered in yesterday.

The Demartinez!!

I'm SUPER impressed by the build quality. Tight tolerances, no gaps, tuning was stable right out of the box, paint seems on par with the US version. Everyone gripes about the fretwork on the MIM models, but I guess I got lucky - there isn't a sharp end to be found, no buzzers, etc.

Now, I had the USA Custom Shop model at one point. It was an awesome guitar. Pretty much perfect in every way...except for that shitty 3-way toggle that every US Charvel of the late 2000's had. Always had dead spots. On a $2400 guitar, that's just not acceptable. The MIM? Perfect! I can feel a difference in the profile of the neck from what I remember of my US version, but it certainly isn't worse/better in the MIM. The MIM feels smooth and fast, with the typical San Dimas oil finish. Tuners tune. Locking nuts lock. Pickups are the same Duncans as the real deal. Korean-made "Orignal" Floyd, but I'm not really put off by that - as long as it's stable (which it is), I'm good with it. It's steel, not zinc. Plated brass block. Works for me. I don't real use the trem anyway.

Fit and finish are top notch. Playability was good out of the box, and great now that I have it set up. Seems nicer than my MIM Blood n Skulls, but may just be the honeymoon feel.

Anyway, here's what we all wait for...

Kick ass! Congrats.

I've been toying with picking up one of those, too. What do you think of the satin finished body? I'd prefer the more typical poly.

Comment

Very cool, Chris! Congrats.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Did you ever realize you might be a Warren DiMartini fan?

Grats!
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
          Kick ass! Congrats.

I've been toying with picking up one of those, too. What do you think of the satin finished body? I'd prefer the more typical poly.
          I don't mind it. If I had my choice, I'd go poly as well, but since I don't... My USA held up well, and didn't seem to shine up much, so I have hope...

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
          Did you ever realize you might be a Warren DiMartini fan?

Grats!
          Yes! My favorite album by him was "Tooth & Nail"!!

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
            Yes! My favorite album by him was "Tooth & Nail"!!
            You WIN!

The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Congrats on the new addition! Very cool python and DeMartini group. One of these days I'd like to try out a MIM version.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyryche View Post
                  Congrats on the new addition! Very cool python and DeMartini group. One of these days I'd like to try out a MIM version.
                  Thanks!

You should check one out. I have ZERO complaints!

Well...other than when he fired Sammy Hagar and hired Gary Cherone.

Comment

sweet axe. I like the matte finish with that graphic.

The solo on Unskinny Bop changed my life
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

Badass group! Crop out those ESPee's and it would be perfect!

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                        sweet axe. I like the matte finish with that graphic.

The solo on Unskinny Bop changed my life
                        Ha! Yeah!

I'll never forget where I was the first time I heard "Welcome to the Jungle"... That riff Warren played just haunts me!!

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                          Badass group! Crop out those ESPee's and it would be perfect!
                          Charvel just doesn't get me into Les Paul land the way "the other guys" do...

Comment

Nice!!! Congratz and thanks for sharing.
                            JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                            Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Working...
                            X