Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016 San Dimas HT , tried some different strings on it now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 San Dimas HT , tried some different strings on it now.

Hello,
    I learned from the Factory it comes with Fender Super 250 Nickel plated Steel's 9-42. I tried a pair of Bullets same gauge and they sounded close to the same as the factory's but wore out pretty fast. They lost their Luster and sounded dull.
    Now mind you I wash my hands before play, I wipe down the neck after wards to retain some freshness on the strings and I hate a dirty fret board or sticky back of neck feel. I like it glide when I play.

So I wanted to give the NYXL's another shot and try them on the San Dimas HT but wanted to go 10-46 as I go back and forth with them and 9's. Well The 10's feel a bit stiff but sound AMAZINGLY clear. I like the response they give. They have a really nice clarity similar to another of my favorite strings the DL TITE Fit's. They are remarkable sounding long lasting strings but the NYXL's so many brag about them I had to give them another spin.

I just strung it up tonight and played them for about 40 minutes. They stayed in tune which Funny I'm tuned in E standard which I usually tune in Eb.

I'm also curious how they would sound on my 2016 So cal. With the Mid range bit of the Distortion pickups , I'm wondering if they would be to much to bring out all the goodness the Distortions provide?

Comment

Try some 11s

Comment

Working...
      X