Warren De Martini signature: Custom shop vs Mexican

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warren De Martini signature: Custom shop vs Mexican

Hi boys, I'm new here. I'm italian and I'd to get my first Charvel guitars.

I'm interested in Warren DeM model and I can see a CS model and mexican model. The differences between this guitar is HUGE: in Europe the price for CS model is 3200 € vs 720 € for mexican one's.

This price suggest me that the two guitar are really really different in wood, painting, hardware and so on.

Is there someone that have tried both guitars?

Thanks a lot

Marco

I played them both and didn't find much difference in feel or Tone.
    If money is a concern going with the Mexican Model is the way to go. It's fantastic especially for the asking price. If you can afford the USA model, go for it. It's the exact model he plays. The Mexican is a version of what he plays.

Choice is yours. I would buy the Mexican model no problem, it's fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by mantis View Post
      I played them both and didn't find much difference in feel or Tone.
      If money is a concern going with the Mexican Model is the way to go. It's fantastic especially for the asking price. If you can afford the USA model, go for it. It's the exact model he plays. The Mexican is a version of what he plays.

Choice is yours. I would buy the Mexican model no problem, it's fantastic.
      Yes, for me pay 3200 € for a guitar is too much. Generally I have played/had some not American/Japanese guitars but I don't have a great feeling with it, but I haven't tried this mexican models!

Thanks for your help and sorry for my english!

Comment

Question: is there in the pro mod series the real Duncan RTM? Because in the spec I can read "Custom Designed Seymour Duncan® humbucker".

Comment

Originally posted by Marco78 View Post
          Hi boys, I'm new here. I'm italian and I'd to get my first Charvel guitars.

I'm interested in Warren DeM model and I can see a CS model and mexican model. The differences between this guitar is HUGE: in Europe the price for CS model is 3200 € vs 720 € for mexican one's.

This price suggest me that the two guitar are really really different in wood, painting, hardware and so on.

Is there someone that have tried both guitars?

Thanks a lot

Marco
          Ciao Marco, benvenuto nel magico mondo delle Charvel .

I would have no problem taking the MiM over the US, if money was an issue. I recently tried a couple of MiJ and MiM San Dimas, and compared some US ones too. If you want the same instrument he plays, you have to get the US version. But honestly that's the only reason I'd get it, since you can get a MiM and a Mesa with the same money .
          Creating a Guitar Telegram Group (in English) Guitar Telegram Group

Comment

Originally posted by G37-R34DY View Post
            Ciao Marco, benvenuto nel magico mondo delle Charvel .

I would have no problem taking the MiM over the US, if money was an issue. I recently tried a couple of MiJ and MiM San Dimas, and compared some US ones too. If you want the same instrument he plays, you have to get the US version. But honestly that's the only reason I'd get it, since you can get a MiM and a Mesa with the same money .
            Ciao caro, fa piacere trovare qualcuno che parla la tua lingua!!

Onestly, I don't care if the guitar is the same, but if I understand correctly the pickups in the MiM version isn't Duncan RTM. Is it right?

Comment

Originally posted by Marco78 View Post
              Onestly, I don't care if the guitar is the same, but if I understand correctly the pickups in the MiM version isn't Duncan RTM. Is it right?
              I haven't seen anything to say that the MIM pro mods were using something other than Warren's custom shop Duncan. The Charvel site and dealer sites usually shows the specs for the both the USA and MIM versions to have a SD custom design DeMartini pickup in the bridge. So I would assume a factory MIM guitar would have an RTM in it since that's the only DeMartini custom SD that I know of.

Comment

Working...
              X