Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vinnie Vincent VV Charvel replica..Homemade? Prototype?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vinnie Vincent VV Charvel replica..Homemade? Prototype?

Hi guys! Sorry if this has been asked before (did a search and found nothing). I'm sure this guitar has been around for ages but is there any way to track down this specific serial #? Even if the neck is from a different model, I'd be interested to know exactly where it came from. Any idea who did the great work on this body? Thank you!

As the ebay auction for this mentioned, it is a replica. Home made, not a factory prototype. The Japan import Charvel models that used this 'toothpaste' logo were from around 1989~1991, and I think the neckplate is probably from a similar timeframe based on the serial number. So neck & plate from a Charvel import.

Comment

Originally posted by MountainDog View Post
      As the ebay auction for this mentioned, it is a replica. Home made, not a factory prototype. The Japan import Charvel models that used this 'toothpaste' logo were from around 1989~1991, and I think the neckplate is probably from a similar timeframe based on the serial number. So neck & plate from a Charvel import.
      Hi and thank you! Yes, that's what the ebay auction said, however, the seller seemed to not have any solid idea where this really came from (or who actually made the body or the truth behind it). Some who played it in the past say it was a one-off exclusive Charvel prototype made in Japan for Vinnie. Some say a mystery person cut this their self and pieced together (still trying to find this person). I was hoping a Charvel expert for 1989-1992 models and artist licensing may be able to shed some light.

Comment

the neck and plate are most likely from a model 475.

Comment

Unless you can get input from Vinnie Vincent directly, you will have no way of verifying the rumours of it being made for Vinnie. So if I were in your position, I'd try to get hold of him somehow.

To me, the "Japan-made Prototype for Vinnie" story sounds rather unlikely, as all of the VVVs I've seen him play were neck-through. I would guess that the body was made or ordered from a luthier by a fan of VV.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

If it were any type of Japanese prototype, which is altogether possible, it wouldn't come with that neck plate and the owner would absolutely know it and want the appropriate amount of money for it.
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Nobody knows who made that body, it's been passed around a few times and once sold for crazy money.

We know how things are, put a Charvel (or Jackson neck) with plate on something and look, it's a Charvel!!

Add a little mystery to it by saying it "could" be a prototype or something, and sometimes you get bites.

Comment

Working...
                X