Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charvel Predator Rainbow Crackle - Fixes and Upgrades (Help Needed :))

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G37-R34DY - check your PMs.

Comment

Originally posted by elrrek View Post
      G37-R34DY - check your PMs.

Damn.Iloggedinheretoolate

Thanks anyway!
      Creating a Guitar Telegram Group (in English) Guitar Telegram Group

Comment

You're welcome, forget about it though, whoever bought that Predator paid WAAAYYYYY too much for it imho.

Comment

So, I decided this one stays stock. I will switch the bridge and keep it stock.

In the meantime, a Predator in rainbow crackle is coming in. I traded it for a very clean Charvel Refinement. So the quest for a Fire Crackle Charvel goes on...! But the quest for the Predator is over.

Comment

I will try to put this Schaller Lockmeister in

This website is for sale! schaller-electronic.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, schaller-electronic.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

It looks like a direct swap, any ideas?

Comment

I don't believe the Schaller Lockmeister is a direct swap. You want to use the regular Schaller trem. http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/151...90-replacement

Comment

I'm confused as in the drawing the screws are short.however, in the photos these are long like an off.

Comment

Update: new string locks worked like a charm, also new springs and some small fixes. Now it's almost perfect.
                  Only one problem: as often happens, one of the intonation screw holes is stripped so I had to use the second (furthest) hole. D strings almost intonates anyway, it's not a huge problem but it bothers me, so I'll look for a base plate somewhere sometime.
                  This guitar is really great, but the fretboard is not so good IMHO. The rosewood is really rough, despite being clean and oiled up.
                  Any advices on how to fix this?

Comment

For the intonation screw holes I have had good success with heli-coil fixes.

Comment

Working...
                    X