Holy sh*t! Ngd- dk24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy sh*t! Ngd- dk24

Against every avoidance instinct I've come to have towards MIM Charvels (and Jacksons) I broke down and snagged me a new limited edition Super Stock DK24. Steve at CMC hooked me up with one from the very few that are already in stock.

Wow! This is a really nice ax! The fit and finish are right on the money- no snaggle-tooth fret ends sticking out, no poorly seated frets, no for shit Floyd set ups. The neck is sweet! The oiled neck back is one of the best I've played (I've played a few ) Steve and his tech made sure this was primo before it shipped! Coincidentally, he did discover that the hombres down in Mexico managed to f- up the wiring. Seems they're usually putting in Duncans and the DK24 has DiMarzios, i.e.- different wiring set ups.
    Luckily, in checking the ax out before shipping, they caught it and rewired it correctly in time to catch the last shipment pick up by UPS last night. It as in my hands by 2 PM.

IMG_2396.jpgIMG_2398.jpgIMG_2403.jpg

Congrats! I just saw you post that one on the FB page a little while ago. One of the newer Charvels that I really like.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      Congrats! I just saw you post that one on the FB page a little while ago. One of the newer Charvels that I really like.
      Exactly. I've owned several MIM Charvel Pro Mod SD 2's and both were not happenin'. The MIM Pro Jackson DK2M Limited Run Yellow Tiger was a little better but ultimately it was not worth replacing the bollocks-ed Floyd with a proper OFR because the frets were starting to poke out with the change of humidity. The Pro DK2MRG-M I've got up for sale needed a little fret dressing and the trem was shit, though I did break down and replace that with an OFR.

This ax is happenin'. Sweet neck, badass features/specs, I actually dig the tone of the DiMarzio Super D in it. If I could improve it in any way, I'd ditch the middle p'up, make the 5 way a 3 way toggle and reverse the head stock. That's a pretty much on par with how I treat most pro mod guitars. F-ing platforms for modding!

Comment

that thing rules. somehow it flew under my radar til now

Comment

Originally posted by vector View Post
          This ax is happenin'. Sweet neck, badass features/specs, I actually dig the tone of the DiMarzio Super D in it. If I could improve it in any way, I'd ditch the middle p'up, make the 5 way a 3 way toggle and reverse the head stock. That's a pretty much on par with how I treat most pro mod guitars. F-ing platforms for modding!
          I like how you think! I find middle pups useless and get in the way of my picking, so I usually just lower them. They can be okay at times with the bridge or neck pup, but that rarely happens.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Looking good! Enjoy the NGD!!!
            JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
            Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Hey that's cool!

Comment

WOW I really like that very Drool!

Comment

That's badass.

It kinda screams Ibanez. 24 frets, colored DiMarzios, HSH, Ibanez RG control/switch layout. I like RGs so I'm not complaining.

I just checked the official page: http://www.charvel.com/guitars/limit...d-satin-black/ Quartersawn maple neck! Seems rare for the Charvel Pro Mods these days.

"Coming April 2017". Did you get one early?
                  Last edited by Number Of The Priest; 03-09-2017, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
                    That's badass.

It kinda screams Ibanez. 24 frets, colored DiMarzios, HSH, Ibanez RG control/switch layout. I like RGs so I'm not complaining.

I just checked the official page: http://www.charvel.com/guitars/limit...d-satin-black/ Quartersawn maple neck! Seems rare for the Charvel Pro Mods these days.

"Coming April 2017". Did you get one early?
                    Was thinking the same thing. And no neckplate. Sacrilege! The part em out guys wept.

I too somehow missed this one. Worth keeping an eye out for one it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
                      That's badass. "Coming April 2017". Did you get one early?
                      It would seem that way. Don't know the backstory but Steve McQuaid had several in stock. Maybe grabbed them at NAMM?

Comment

Looks nice... I like the red logo on the matching black headstock. Awesome!
                        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                          Looks nice... I like the red logo on the matching black headstock. Awesome!
                          More importantly, it plays and sounds nice! And that's an understatement. No joke, this does much to restore some of my faith in Charvel. If they can work out a few kinks with their fret work on other models and continue to offer solidly built and decently-equipped models like this, they'll likely survive another 5 years in this dying market.

Comment

Looks absolutely killer! Matching PUP coils with the headstock logo
                            is a great touch. Great find!

Comment

just noticed the football jack on the back of the body. that's killer. I hope to see that feature on more guitars

only playability feature missing is a cutaway scallop on top. not sure why they did the back but not that.
                              Last edited by metalhobo; 03-11-2017, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X