No announcement yet.

Holy sh*t! Ngd- dk24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it had a maple neck, it would be perfect for me!
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Kiesel Aries
    Charvel USA Wild Card #3
    EVH 5150 iii 50W, 1x12" EVH w/ Celestion Lynchback, Boss RV-3

Comment

Originally posted by vector View Post
      More importantly, it plays and sounds nice! And that's an understatement. No joke, this does much to restore some of my faith in Charvel. If they can work out a few kinks with their fret work on other models and continue to offer solidly built and decently-equipped models like this, they'll likely survive another 5 years in this dying market.
      Well I assumed it would play nice being that you're so excited about it. lol

I love the recessed input on the side. That's how I ordered my last custom, but yours looks like it has a bevel as well? Either way, that's the best spot for an input jack, IMO.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by jclogston View Post
        If it had a maple neck, it would be perfect for me!
        It does have a maple NECK.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

What are the odds for a maple fingerboard version of this for summer NAMM?
          ---------------------------------------------------------
          Kiesel Aries
          Charvel USA Wild Card #3
          EVH 5150 iii 50W, 1x12" EVH w/ Celestion Lynchback, Boss RV-3

Comment

Originally posted by jclogston View Post
            What are the odds for a maple fingerboard version of this for summer NAMM?
            Dunno but I would guess that it might require some dots or other markers on the finger board. Having a barren maple board would look odd IMO. Inlays = more labor = higher price.

Comment

Update: Got an email from Steve at CMC letting me know that his tech's re-wiring of the p'ups may not be exactly to schematic either. Props to Steve for being up front about it and for offering to make it right. That's how you run a business.
              Truth be told. while there's nothing really wrong with the sound of the PAF Pro, it does sound a little more in-your-face than I remember those p'ups sounding in the past. He sent me the schematic and I'll give it a quick look. If it's a simple wire or two that needs resoldering on a different location, I can handle that. Frankly, I don't wanna be without this beast for a few days. Currently I am having WAY too much fun playing the f*ck outta this ax.

Comment

I was actually after one of these myself, however two shops I approached got back to me and said that they're not coming to the UK. Bummer, I was all excited for this.

Comment

Glad they're fixing it up for you.

In all honesty though, this is a pretty standard config wiring wise. Anyone who's had som decent experience and knows Dimarzio's colour codes should be able to get 'er done in no time.

Comment

I stopped into our local Sam Ash this week and they have one of these in stock hanging up high on their wall. If anyone is looking for one, it's the Sam Ash in Lyndhurst, OH.

Comment

Originally posted by kamanda View Post
                      Glad they're fixing it up for you.

In all honesty though, this is a pretty standard config wiring wise. Anyone who's had som decent experience and knows Dimarzio's colour codes should be able to get 'er done in no time.
                      Yes, I could solder it myself in a heartbeat. I put in a set of Crunch Lab/Liquifires in a MIJ Pro DK2 Rev no sweat. And I would solder this up if it were needed. Turns out, according to Steve at CMC, the rewire is correct. I still think the p'up sounds a little bit throaty compared to say, a '59 or a Jazz but if it's correct then I'm not f-ckin' with it.

Comment

Vector, I was contemplating getting one of these, but wasn't sure...your review pushed me over the edge...I just did payment for one today.

Comment

Killer guitar!

Comment

Originally posted by MountainDog View Post
                            Vector, I was contemplating getting one of these, but wasn't sure...your review pushed me over the edge...I just did payment for one today.
                            I think you'll dig it! I'd advise ordering through a dealer you can interact with and to ask them to check it before they ship. Steve at CMC was real helpful at finding and resolving the wiring issue and reassured me the frets were spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by vector View Post
                              I think you'll dig it! I'd advise ordering through a dealer you can interact with and to ask them to check it before they ship. Steve at CMC was real helpful at finding and resolving the wiring issue and reassured me the frets were spot on.
                              Yep, got from our JCF Sponsering dealer

Comment

My DK24 came in today. Great neck shape/feel, good build quality (for example, the floyd nut cut is spot on, strings perfect height above the first fret, no sharp frets, good ebony fingerboard), has a very "USA" feel to it.

Vector, what was your wiring issue? Mine is spot on per Dimarzio specs, red to hot, black/white for coil tap, green/bare to ground, and all the various switching options work correct.

The Super Distortion sounds better in this guitar than in my two USA Jackson Adrian Smiths (which I didn't like and swapped out) but I still may swap the one in the DK24 out for a red Dimarzio D Activator that I have (so the guitar won't look any different).

I wish these came with a hard case...its too good of a guitar to not have it well protected.

Comment

Working...
                                X