model 2 body question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• model 2 body question

Back in the Fall I picked up a Charvel model series neck and some parts. So I've been keeping my eye open for a model 2 body to pair it up with. A couple of the model 2 bodies that I've seen on Ebay recently do not have a recessed cavity in the back for the trem cover. I have an electric blue model 2 that I thought was from 87 or 88 but that body does have a recessed trem cover. Curious, is this something that changed at some point with model 2 bodies (or other model series guitars)? Does the recessed trem cover (or lack thereof) help date the body (and model series Charvel)?

I hadn't noticed this before about my model 2. Also wondered if other model 2 owners noticed this or if I just overlooked all these years.

The 86' do not have a recessed cover and they came with kahler trems. 87' and 88' do have recessed and came with JT-6 trems.

Comment

Originally posted by paranoid View Post
      The 86' do not have a recessed cover and they came with kahler trems. 87' and 88' do have recessed and came with JT-6 trems.
      Thanks for the info. I knew that the trems were different for the '86 models but didn't realize the routes for the trem covers were also. Good to know.

Comment

Working...
      X