NGD Model 5A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD Model 5A

Picked this up this morning. The guy had listed it for $800 but said he was more interested in trades so I shot him a message. He said he was interested and requested pictures, but before I could even do that he messaged me back and said he was thinking about it and probably just going to keep it. I said I understood and expected that to be that.. A few hours later I get another message from him saying he's still interested in pictures and was considering the trade. I sent him pics and he agreed to the trade and we set a time to meet in the middle.

Well, about a half hour before I'm going to leave to meet him he messages and asks to reschedule. At this point I'm thinking he's just unsure and that would probably be the end of it again. But, Friday to my surprise I got another message from him about meeting this weekend. Messaged him this morning to confirm before I left and he said he was already on his way. I had my doubts but he showed, this baby in tow.

Its in amazing condition. Even better than the 650xl I just got. It's got 2, very small dings on the whole guitar, along with the typical light headstock chipping. No real scratches, some swirling you can see in direct sun but that's it. Trem is fully functional. The only 2 things "wrong" with it is the action is a bit higher that I would like, and the rear strap cliplock screw is too small. Doesn't appear to be stripped, I think they just used the wrong screw.

Acoustically, it sounds huge. I haven't had much time with it plugged in but I liked what I heard. Neck feels great, plays amazing.

I traded the RR3 and most of a KE3R for it. (That's why I had those pics on hand in the other thread lol) I paid $300 for each of them, literally played the Kelly maybe 10 times, the RR3 got played more but still just wasn't for me. RR3 was in pretty good condition, the Kelly, I would say fair condition. I actually had the RR3 posted on FB for $250 or trade for weeks and didn't get a single hit.. crazy.

On on to the goods

totally missed taking pictures of the back. had just drove four hours round trip. Maybe another day.

I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Congrats, that is sweet.
    METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Saw that on FB. You scored. That is literally my favorite of all the 86-89 model series. Grats!
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Very sweet.
        The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Nice guitar man!
          I'm jealous lol
          I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Nice! I used to have a black cherry 5A and miss it.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks guys!
              I hadn't even seen a Charvel for sale on the Oklahoma pages except a desolation model in the years I've been on there. 2 in a month is awesome. I hope if anyone else is considering selling one they give me a little time. Hah

@bombtek, I told you I had my eye on something very similar.

Comment

Beauty

Comment

Love it! Great score!

Comment

I'm still jealous, but I got the darker fretboard dammit lol
                    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Yeah the rosewood isn't the best looking. Looks a little dry, but at least its uniform, isn't streaky looking. I'll have to oil it up when I do a setup.

Comment

The headstock binding matching up with the crackle is doing horrible things to me. Congrats, man. That's a badass looking guitar! What pickup is in it?

Comment

Originally posted by XSvmbraDensX View Post
                          The headstock binding matching up with the crackle is doing horrible things to me. Congrats, man. That's a badass looking guitar! What pickup is in it?
                          Should be J95. I haven't pulled it and looked but looks to be all original and that's what it would have come with.

Comment

Very nice score!

Comment

Originally posted by XSvmbraDensX View Post
                              Binding on the headstock? What binding?
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X