Better Fit for DK24?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better Fit for DK24?

After playing my DK24 for the last couple of months, I've decided I just don't fully dig the Dimarzio Super D in the bridge anymore. It has some redeeming qualities like it's responsiveness, but in comparison to many of my Seymours (Perpetual Burn, Custom, Pegasus) I just think it's a tad too harsh and raw.

The alder bod, the bolt on neck and the ebony board suggests needing something with a bit more tight low end, warm and full mids and slightly cleaner highs. It also needs to be available w/ red bobbins to match the rest and I'd prefer to stay w/ Dimarzio.

Ultimately, I know this is a highly subjective issue but never hurts to hear from some others, especially since my experience w/ Dimarzio's is limited. Thoughts?

I bought a red w/black poles F-Space Dimarzio D Activator Bridge for my DK24. Drops right in and is perfect color match to the original. Played the guitar at a gig last night, sounded great and was an improvement (to me at least!). I've never liked the Dimarzio Super D, so when I purchased the DK24, I immediately did the purchase on the pickup and swapped it out first thing when the DK24 arrived.

Why a D Activator one may ask? I have a Jackson Chris Broderick Pro Series Soloist 6 and really liked the tone of the "Dimarzio CB6" pickups. Going to the Dimarzio website, I couldn't find this pickup. When googling Chris Broderick Dimarzio, I found a Dimarzio page that said he used the D Activator

At the time, I was searching for a pickup to replace the TB-5 in my Charvel 4-of-10 Dweezil Green (Alder body), originally swapped in a JB, but didn't like it, and since I liked the pickups in the Chris Broderick, I thought I would try a black F-spaced D Activator in the Charvel Dweezil and really liked it. So when I ordered the DK24 (Alder body), I figured it the D Activator would also be a good fit: the Charvel Dweezil is Alder/bolt-on as is the DK24.

Comment

Awesome. Thanks for the input.

Comment

Working...
      X