DK24 Mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DK24 Mods

Finally got around to swapping out the Super D for a red D Activator and while I was at it, I addressed a few other issues as well. The Korean Floyd had already replaced by German one w/ brass big block, so I got busy taking out the blade-style selector switch and the tone pot and put in a preferred toggle. In the process, I did not wire up the middle p'up as I rarely, if ever, use it.
    The surgery was a success and everything works as it should. Not completely sold on the D Activator yet. Frankly, I did not hear enough of a significant change though it does seem to be slightly less harsh sounding in the mid-hi's and the low end is not as defined.

Nice man! Volume and toggle switch would be my preferred setup as well. Such a badass looking guitar too
    I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

I'm dying, because I knew that's what you would do to it! Looks good, though.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Very nice! Curious, which Korean Floyd is stock with this model?

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          I'm dying, because I knew that's what you would do to it! Looks good, though.
          Yeah, I'm nothing if not predictable when it comes to guitars. The good news is, the mods have definitely pushed this ax into a new level of playability. So much more comfortable and efficient to switch between p'ups now.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyryche View Post
            Very nice! Curious, which Korean Floyd is stock with this model?
            FRT 02000, I believe.

Comment

Working...
            X