Charvel Predator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Predator

Does anyone here know much about these? I've always wanted a guitar that looked like a San Dimas but slimmer. I found out about the Predator today. They're perfect! Supposedly made around 1990-ish. Are they quality and good-playing guitars?

I believe they were offered in 1990 only.

http://charvelusa.com/models.html (go there, hit Ctrl + F, and enter "predator" to find the specifications in the chart)

It's a Japanese guitar, so hopefully a mod/admin will relocate your post to the Import Charvel Guitars subforum.

It basically has the 22-fret Dinky shape. (The 24-fret Dinky shape has longer/stretched horns and deeper cutaways.)

I wouldn't hesitate to pay in the ballpark of USD$300 for one (my usual benchmark price for a Japanese bolt-on Jackson/Charvel). Any early 1990s toothpaste-logo Charvel will pretty much automatically be considered good.

Comment

The 3dr and predator are both fine guitars with the thinnest necks of any of the model series guitars. I have 4 of them of different colors and they all rock. I think the predator was offered in 90' and 91', the 3dr was 89' I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by paranoid View Post
        The 3dr and predator are both fine guitars with the thinnest necks of any of the model series guitars. I have 4 of them of different colors and they all rock. I think the predator was offered in 90' and 91', the 3dr was 89' I believe.
        Do you have one in blue? Would you be interested in selling one of them?

Comment

Originally posted by AgentX View Post
          Do you have one in blue? Would you be interested in selling one of them?
          have a dark Blue and light blue, but sorry no plans in selling

Comment

Originally posted by paranoid View Post
            have a dark Blue and light blue, but sorry no plans in selling
            Could you please share pics of them?

Comment

I used to own one, a great value if you can find one. It's basically a mid-level H-S Dinky with a recessed JT-590 trem and advanced pickup switching.

Comment

Originally posted by AgentX View Post
                Could you please share pics of them?
                I was going to do that last night but all my photos were on the bucket. I am not going to pay them 400$ a year to share pictures. I will have to get them on Imigur or something.

Comment

Here's a link to a blue 3DR that was listed for sale on my local Craig's List. This is a small store that I've been to a couple times. Nice people that own it but their prices seem to be on the higher end.

Comment

Working...
                  X