Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016 Charvel blowout, any word on a new line up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Charvel blowout, any word on a new line up?

Hey guys,

I saw this the other day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDyLf4XK9cc

Usually when they do that kind of deal it's because a new line has replaced it or is going to, has there been any news for new Charvels?

Well that is just Andertons. I have not seen any other european dealers made that good deals recently.

Comment

At this point, I don't know what's Charvel has brewing for us either.

Side note: Lee's playing has massively improved lately, and he's sillier than ever. I want his job.

Side side note: They're JB/59, not JB/JB! I can't think of any guitar that ever comes stock with JB/JB!

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
        At this point, I don't know what's Charvel has brewing for us either.

Side note: Lee's playing has massively improved lately, and he's sillier than ever. I want his job.

Side side note: They're JB/59, not JB/JB! I can't think of any guitar that ever comes stock with JB/JB!
        JB/JB could be interesting...or terrible My buddy is helping me with a parts guitar and he was asking which way i wanted the jb and 59 put in, had me thinking for a second what that might be like.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
          I'm pretty sure the KV4 came with the JB/JB. I remember Newc really liking the JB in the neck.

EDIT: As a matter of fact... https://reverb.com/item/3435686-jack...hardshell-case
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

As a sidenote that is a pretty good deal 499£ for those guitars. I would probably buy a few of them if i had the cash.

Comment

I checked with Sweetwater. They aren't aware of any type of promotion involving a blowout of Charvel guitars. They're pretty sure that this is an Anderton's only thing.
              I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Originally posted by dscythe View Post
                JB/JB could be interesting...or terrible My buddy is helping me with a parts guitar and he was asking which way i wanted the jb and 59 put in, had me thinking for a second what that might be like.
                Originally posted by toejam View Post
                I'm pretty sure the KV4 came with the JB/JB. I remember Newc really liking the JB in the neck.

EDIT: As a matter of fact... https://reverb.com/item/3435686-jack...hardshell-case
                Wow that has to be the first time I've seen a pair of JBs together. While the JB and the Distortion are basically the same pickup with different magnets (alnico 5 in the JB and ceramic in the Distortion), the Duncan Distortion Mayhem set is simply a pair of Distortions, but at least the Distortion neck is a separate and distinct pickup from the Distortion bridge. Contrast this to the JB which has no "JB neck" model... a pair of JBs would be two bridge JBs.

I'm actually familiar with the JB in the neck but it needs an even hotter bridge pickup to keep up. My latest guitar, 1998 Ibanez RG550, currently has a JB in the neck: https://www.jcfonline.com/threads/15...ert-Sun-Yellow

Comment

Cool! The JB with another JB works, but definitely with something hotter in the bridge is even better. I've never been that much of a fan of the JB in the bridge, but I'd probably like it in the neck.
                  My go-to bridge pup for years was the X2N paired with either a Super 2 or regular Super Distortion in the neck.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                  X