New model 88s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New model 88s?

Seems like charvel is re issuing the model 88 with a few modern upgrades. Looks cool.

Charvel has announced the release of the Limited Edition Super Stock Model 1888, a throwback to the Charvel "Model 88" from the Eighties with modernized features.Its Dinky body is fashioned fr

Wow, those actually look pretty interesting!
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

When I saw this shared on Facebook a few days ago, my initial reaction was, "Why 1888? Why not 1988?"

Comment

Is that the only color available?

Was that an available color back then? Because it just doesn't seem to "fit" the guitar to me.

Comment

Why not 2018 since the year is 2018 but i guess they took the 18 of 2018 and added it with 88 so 1888. I think the 88 models were that colour but they only had the bridge pickup.
          Last edited by ed; 06-30-2018, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
            Wow, those actually look pretty interesting!
            Yes, they do!
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I've been wanting to post about this for a few weeks now but it looks like the NDA has been lifted finally! There are, just like the original, 500 for the US market and 500 for everyone else. I put one on order as soon as I heard about it.

Comment

Originally posted by ed View Post
                Why not 2018 since the year is 2018 but i guess they took the 18 of 2018 and added it with 88 so 1888.
                That actually makes sense. Thanks.

Originally posted by EntrailsOfU View Post
                I've been wanting to post about this for a few weeks now but it looks like the NDA has been lifted finally!
                Why was there an NDA? Do you work for Charvel? Is that how you knew about it for a few weeks?

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
                  That actually makes sense. Thanks.

Why was there an NDA? Do you work for Charvel? Is that how you knew about it for a few weeks?
                  I work in sales in a decently large local store and have a great Charvel rep that warned me in advance.

Comment

Understood. I want your job.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
                      Understood. I want your job.
                      It's fun but it's just like any other job. I do get some opportunities to buy guitars for steals though.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan View Post
                        Is that the only color available?

Was that an available color back then? Because it just doesn't seem to "fit" the guitar to me.
                        The original model 88 was similar, but a little bit lighter brown. That being said the pics on the site don't capture the color well, from some other pics on facebook it's a lot closer to the original.

Comment

Super cool imo.

Comment

Just made a similar thread before I saw this.

I want this 1888 but worry about new production quality. Will these compare to some of the older charvel? I have a pointy reissue and worry I'd be let down with the 1888 since the Reissue is so good

Comment

Originally posted by maddnotez View Post
                              I want this 1888 but worry about new production quality. Will these compare to some of the older charvel? I have a pointy reissue and worry I'd be let down with the 1888 since the Reissue is so good
                              My son has a MiA Charvel Guthrie Govan and several of his friends have MiM Charvel Pro Mods. All are great guitars. They have had no issues with any of the guitars and the quality is solid on all guitars. I have been really impressed with their Pro Mods. IMO you get a lot of guitar for the money with a MiM Pro Mod. It is cool watching all of my sons 20-something year old friends discover Charvel and Jackson. They love them and say they are their favorite instrument.
                              Last edited by CaptNasty; 07-03-2018, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X