New model 88s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maddnotez View Post
    Just made a similar thread before I saw this.

I want this 1888 but worry about new production quality. Will these compare to some of the older charvel? I have a pointy reissue and worry I'd be let down with the 1888 since the Reissue is so good
    From my experience, quality has been great. But I don't know if having the name Charvel on the headstock warrants $200 more than the Fender standard (now known as the Player) series guitars which are made in the same plant.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
      Wow, those actually look pretty interesting!
      mmmm
      Hail yesterday

Comment

FUCK YEAH!!! That's got my damn attention!!!

Comment

There's one downgrade, though. The original Model 88 had mother of pearl sharkfin inlays, while this 1888 version has the plastic MOTO inlays also used on cheap Indonesian imports (Jackson X Series, etc.).

I'll pass...

Comment

And will it have that soft lightweight mahogany like the originals? The lightweight was nice for tone and playing, but dented really easy.

The MOTO inlays is already a big NO for me.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
              And will it have that soft lightweight mahogany like the originals? The lightweight was nice for tone and playing, but dented really easy.

The MOTO inlays is already a big NO for me.
              My guess would be Nato, which is not really like the original Ribbon Mahogany that was on the original. Most likely can't get that stuff any more. Spec sheet just says "Mahogany". I really don't care for the look of the MOTO either but I also don't see many guitars with real MOP inlays any more either. The MOTO stuff definitely looks cheap.

Comment

It looks like a cheap retry

I'll be honest and rather (or oddly) see them reissue the Jackson Limited Edition 88 (the aborted 12 string)

I'd also think "88'18" would have been a better model name
                "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Matt Brown run through of the guitar: https://business.facebook.com/charve...5896315781387/

Comment

That rundown video is kind of sad... "The original had an... EMG" Lol....

Comment

The cheap and shitty looking inlays ruin it for me..........otherwise I like it. Would prefer no inlays or real ones.

Comment

Working...
                      X