NGD Desolation Star DST-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD Desolation Star DST-1

Picked this up a few weeks ago for $300 on craigslist. Score! The star shape rocks! Neckthru, locking tuners, EMGs, one volume, 3 way toggle, mahogany body, and the trans-black is pretty nice with the matching headstock. The abalone shark tooth inlays are a cool change. Needed to put in a new output jack and I moved the front strap pin to the back by the neck heel. Finally, a guitar I can easily change the tuning on!

2014 Jackson KEXMG - Gloss Black with Seymour Duncan Black winter
    Charvel Desolation Star DST-1 - Transparent Black
    Epiphone "1958" Korina Explorer - Ebony

Peavey 5150 II
    Peavey Valve King 4x12 Slant Cab

Great score for $300! Star shapes are pretty comfy.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Nice!
      Gear https://images.imgbox.com/e4/00/IxQywXkV_o.jpg

Comment

Congrats on a nice score! These DST star models are good guitars and often get overlooked.

Comment

I've got the Desolation bolt on and its great!

Congrats.

Comment

I seriously agonized over whether to buy one of those or not, back when they came out. I had a Charvel Custom Shop Star and a sweet LTD Roope Sig Star already and was eyeing an another Jackson CS Star at the time. I decided that I just didn't need another Star that badly. Plus, I wasn't digging the inlays and the EMGs. Now I'm thinking I can never have too many Star axes. Nice score!!!

Comment

Thanks guys. This is a deadly axe!

Plus, I wasn't digging the inlays and the EMGs. Now I'm thinking I can never have too many Star axes. Nice score!!!
              I totaly agree with you on all those points haha. I had my eye on it for awhile cause I didn't love the inlays, abalone binding, and EMGs. But, it was a wicked deal and checked all the other boxes. In the end I couldn't pass up the star!
              2014 Jackson KEXMG - Gloss Black with Seymour Duncan Black winter
              Charvel Desolation Star DST-1 - Transparent Black
              Epiphone "1958" Korina Explorer - Ebony

Peavey 5150 II
              Peavey Valve King 4x12 Slant Cab

Comment

Working...
              X