NGD!!! Satchel Content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD!!! Satchel Content

Seems like it took forever to get it in (which it kind of did..... but that's another story)

Anyways, enjoy the pics!

First impressions? I am VERY happy with this one. The neck is really nice. I prefer it to the current Pro Mod neck profile. It has kind of an inbetween finish. Not the satin or unfinished the pro mods have, but not a heavy poly either. For me, it's just right.

Finish is satin, but not smooth. You can actually feel the stripes as they are slightly higher than the yellow. Weight is just right. Not too heavy, but not too light.

Left it at the store because it's getting a setup and the mods in the last pic.

Enough yapping.....

Mods.......

That looks killer! How do those Fishman's sound?

Comment

I didn't even plug it in. I never left the repair room with it. I will let you know tomorrow.

Comment

Congrats. Looking forward to the full review.

Comment

You might be the first JCFer to have gotten one. Congrats!

Comment

Man I want one sooo bad!! Thanks for the GAS! lol Wish they would have done the green but yellow is fine yes please give us a review when you get a chance. Thanks!

Comment

Won't get to gig with it until tomorrow night. But I put it through its paces today and I am very impressed.

Things I really like:

1. The pickups are phenomenal! They really capture the "vibe" that you want for a guitar made for 80s metal.

2. The neck profile is very much like the classic Charvels. The finish is a perfect balance between oiled and the satin of the Pro Mods.Super fast!!!

3. The choice to go with a Dinky body was spot on. Seems like enough body to get some tone, but small enough to hoist around like a rock star!

4. No issues with the trem so far.

I'm really trying hard to find a fault but I really can't.

If you're looking for a rock machine with looks that will get a reaction, this is the one for you!

Comment

I would've snatched one of these up in a NY minute had it been 24 frets. Instead, I opted for the DK24 Pro Mod and have been more or less equally pleased. The finish and the toggle switch (vs. the 5 position blade switch) are the big selling points to the Satchel Sig. IMO. I had wondered about the Fishman p'ups. Glad to hear they are sounding phenomenal. Might have to try out a set in a future build. I will say that despite my never being keen on the SD Full Shred in general, I was very surprised how well they worked in the DK24. Props to someone over in Charvel for making that call. It seems they're zeroing in on some decent p'up to ax pairings.

Comment

The Fishmans are surprisingly versatile. I have a video of some clean stuff I should share and it's just so good.....

Comment

I have one of these coming in. Glad you love yours. I ordered mine without being able to see/play it.

I own several MIA and MIJ charvels, plus one of those pro stock MIM models. How does the satchel one compare to those in terms of fit/finish/feel?

The pickups sound great in demos i've seen, really will be a unique guitar in terms of tone in my collection.
                    Proud endorser of:
                    Steve Clayton Inc. http://www.steveclayton.com
                    GLS Audio http://www.glsaudio.com
                    Orange County Speaker http://www.speakerrepair.com/

Comment

Fit perfect, The satin finish is different, but nice.

The feel of that neck is actually a step up from the Pro Mod neck. At least for me.

And that's high praise because I love the PM neck. But this profile and semi oil finish really does the trick for me.

Comment

And I ordered mine sight unseen too and don't regret it at all.

My buddy was at NAMM and played it and said I was gonna really like it. He was right.

Those pickups really cut through the mix and do give my guitars a different flavor.

Comment

Dude that looks lush. How is access to the upper frets eg 17 - 20 ? Does the dk cutaway give any advantage over the regular San Dimas . I play 2 epiphone les Paul’s at the moment and access to the upper frets is a squash . My heart wants a neon pink or white San Dimas but my head is saying , go 24 frets ,easy access. I don’t like the gold hardware on the dk24 though I’m really into my 80s look for superstrat s .

Comment

Working...
                          X