Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charvel Model 3A – what's the wiring scheme?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Model 3A – what's the wiring scheme?

Hi to all.

I've got my hands on 1987-1988 Charvel Model 3A not so long ago. Does anyone know exactly what the wiring scheme is? It's obviously lever switch, 5 ways. But the question is for the positions from 2 to 4 – coil split, humbucker in parallel or something? These options are great sounding, something between Strat and Telecaster tone. In my review video I just marked all the positions by their numbers not to misguide anyone. I would like to make it clear.

p.s. I also remember having 5-way with 2 humbuckers on Charvel SDK-085.

Link to Jackson Electronics Manual I downloaded way back when. I think it came from Henrik's site. Hope this helps. I don't think I uploaded the pages in order, so fair warning.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post
      Link to Jackson Electronics Manual I downloaded way back when. I think it came from Henrik's site. Hope this helps. I don't think I uploaded the pages in order, so fair warning.

https://imgur.com/a/Fbx7U
      This is cool, thanks!
      It will take me a while to figure out, what options are delivered at the 2nd, 3rd and 4th positions. It doesn't look like "simple coil split", or this is kind of a "smart" one for the sake of hum-cancelling when going for spliting the humbucker.

Comment

Working...
      X