Charvel 3DR value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel 3DR value?

There's a fire crackle Charvel 3DR on eBay that I'm sure everyone has seen. The seller is asking what I think is insane money for it. I've submitted what I feel is a realistic fair offer that's far less than the buy it now, and the seller countered with a price that is still insanely high IMHO. Am I out of touch with reality for thinking the guitar is worth a helluva lot less than what the seller is asking, or are import Charvels really bringing numbers close to $1,050.00?

Since I'm asking about 3DR's, I thought this one was priced sky high too. Are people really paying those kind of prices for import Charvels???!!!

These are essentially part of the Model Series and should be priced similar to its closest sibling, the Model 3. Nobody should be paying >USD$800. USD$400 MAXIMUM for me for a clean specimen, and even then that's a bit of a financial stretch for this cheap Canadian deal hunter.

I don't even think a Model 6 deserves >USD$800. That's approaching "good price for a USA Jackson/Charvel" pricing territory.

Comment

Something to note, this is a parts mutt. The body was for sale on ebay a few months back. I paid 600 for my crackle 3dr (with case) a couple years ago, and I thought that was the top of the market. I see them realistically selling for about 700$ for a good crackle (and that is a really good looking crackle). That 1000$ is a pipe dream. If it wasn't a crackle, 500 is tops. In fact, there is a black one on GC online for $450 and that one looks really clean. The burgundy mist (pink one) is probably decently rare too but it's not a crackle. I will also say that there are a TON of 3dr crackles out there. If they are for sale or not, is another thing.

$400 is 5 years ago value. They and the entire guitar market has come up a lot since then. I see Model 6's selling for 8 to 900 very frequently these days.

Comment

Originally posted by EntrailsOfU View Post
        Something to note, this is a parts mutt. The body was for sale on ebay a few months back. I paid 600 for my crackle 3dr (with case) a couple years ago, and I thought that was the top of the market. I see them realistically selling for about 700$ for a good crackle (and that is a really good looking crackle). That 1000$ is a pipe dream. If it wasn't a crackle, 500 is tops. In fact, there is a black one on GC online for $450 and that one looks really clean. The burgundy mist (pink one) is probably decently rare too but it's not a crackle. I will also say that there are a TON of 3dr crackles out there. If they are for sale or not, is another thing.

$400 is 5 years ago value. They and the entire guitar market has come up a lot since then. I see Model 6's selling for 8 to 900 very frequently these days.
        I wondered if it was the same fire crackle body that sold back in early May, but there's no way to know for sure if it's the same body.

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
        These are essentially part of the Model Series and should be priced similar to its closest sibling, the Model 3. Nobody should be paying >USD$800. USD$400 MAXIMUM for me for a clean specimen, and even then that's a bit of a financial stretch for this cheap Canadian deal hunter.

I don't even think a Model 6 deserves >USD$800. That's approaching "good price for a USA Jackson/Charvel" pricing territory.
        I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought $400 to $450 absolute tops shipped for it. I agree with you on a Model 6 too, especially when $800.00 or so will get you a USA Jackson/Charvel. I can see paying up to $600 for a Model 6, but after that I'd be ponying up for a USA Jackson/Charvel.

Comment

I'd say a $450+/-$50 for a sight unseen minty 3DR in a case in a standard color or really bad crackle. If I found an unplayed one in black with a clean chainsaw case I'd pay $500. I might even pay $200-$300 premium if I found it with a crackle I loved if that's what I'm specifically looking for.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post
            I wondered if it was the same fire crackle body that sold back in early May, but there's no way to know for sure if it's the same body.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought $400 to $450 absolute tops shipped for it. I agree with you on a Model 6 too, especially when $800.00 or so will get you a USA Jackson/Charvel. I can see paying up to $600 for a Model 6, but after that I'd be ponying up for a USA Jackson/Charvel.
            I thought I was going crazy so I put the two pictures side by side, I'd be damned if it wasn't the same body. But that is just my opinion at the end of the day. I'd also love to buy a USA Jackson for $800, point me in the direction please!

Comment

Originally posted by EntrailsOfU View Post
              I'd also love to buy a USA Jackson for $800, point me in the direction please!
              For Americans, two members of the Jackson Made in U.S.A Facebook group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1703...f=group_header) often post deals found on Craigslist and Guitar Center Used. Specfically:

Rege Carr: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1703...ry=rege%20carr
              Ian Neill (neilli on JCF): https://www.facebook.com/groups/1703...ry=ian%20neill

For Canadians, pay attention to my posts in the E-fraid of E-bay forum which I've dominated for the past two years (I'm sorry guys LOL) : https://www.jcfonline.com/forums/16-E-fraid-of-E-bay The occasional USA guitar comes up for under CAD$1000 (about USD$750) but my bread-and-butter posts are typically underpriced Japanese guitars.

My mint 1998 Shannon Soloist with OHSC was purchased for USD$850 + shipping to Canada, but this was back in 2004 and is about $1134 in 2018 dollars if the online inflation calculator I used is correct. Guitar is still in amazing shape, not a single scar since I've owned it... I wonder how much money I could get for it if I ever dreamed of selling.

Comment

Hey, Ill sell my black 3dr to anyone for $799 with case! LOL.

Comment

Working...
                X