Late NGD: First Charvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late NGD: First Charvel

I picked this up a couple months ago, and never posted a NGD thread for it (which is kinda the reason I joined). I've been listening to a lot more 80s metal recently so I got a hankering for a Charvel. When I got it the action was about a mile a high and the strings were about as old as I am, and it didn't come with the bar. I went to change the strings so I could get 'er fixed up and playable, and the screws in the back of the bridge were stripped out. So I had to wait very patiently on some stuff from Frets on the Net to make my new guitar playable. I was planning on throwing an old school JB in there since it needs to be rewired anyways, but the Jackson pickup sounds killer so I'm probably going to leave it.

Congrats! Nice looking model 2.

Comment

Killer! What does the mini switch do? Coil split?

I'd leave the stock J90C pickup in there too. Here's a video comparing the J90C to the Duncan JB. The differences are subtle. A swap might be pointless.

Comment

Love it! Great score!

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
          Killer! What does the mini switch do? Coil split?

I'd leave the stock J90C pickup in there too. Here's a video comparing the J90C to the Duncan JB. The differences are subtle. A swap might be pointless.
          I think so, when I flip it, it get really thin sounding and staticy, but the volume knob and the jack have about had it, so if I ever get around to rewiring it I was probably going to go for a killswitch.

Comment

Very nice score! I have an electric blue Model 2 also. I left the J90C in mine as I've always dug it's sound.

Comment

Working...
            X