MIJ Fusion Series Charvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIJ Fusion Series Charvel

Got this in 1999 from the old Daddys Junkie Music on the East Coast for $275.

It was originally a Model #1 with a Fulcrum Trem. Someone added an Original Floyd, [dowels underneath].

Basswood body, Indian Rosewood board, Big Brass Block on the Floyd.

I put the EMG-81 in it, its been a solid great sounding axe all these years.

Here's a clip of this guitar ...
    Last edited by Fusion-Dewd; 07-27-2018, 07:06 PM.
    Playing somewhere with outrageously LOUD amps.

I'd venture a guess that this was actually a Model 2 with the Kahler fulcrum trem before it received a Floyd. The Model 2 would have had the rosewood fretboard. The Model 1 had a maple fretboard.

Great tone!

Comment

Yeah, Model 2 with 25.5" scale. Fusions are shorter scale and didn't come with only one humbucker.

Welcome to the forum.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
        I'd venture a guess that this was actually a Model 2 with the Kahler fulcrum trem before it received a Floyd. The Model 2 would have had the rosewood fretboard. The Model 1 had a maple fretboard.

Great tone!
        Thanks, i remember a buddy had a Model #1 it was more orange red than red, i believe you're right.

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        Yeah, Model 2 with 25.5" scale. Fusions are shorter scale and didn't come with only one humbucker.

Welcome to the forum.
        Thank you, so is the Model #2 Made in Japan ? If this isnt a Fusion, which one is it ?

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion-Dewd View Post
          Thanks, i remember a buddy had a Model #1 it was more orange red than red, i believe you're right.

Thank you, so is the Model #2 Made in Japan ? If this isnt a Fusion, which one is it ?
          Model 2 is the model. All the import Charvels from 86-91 are Japan made. The model series (1-6) were from 86-89 and then the "Fusion, Contemporary and Professional" series came out. Yours would be an 86 if it had a Fulcrum tremolo on it. You can find any and all info at audiozone.dk (this is the website address)

Great guitar!

Comment

Fusions always had 24 frets.

Comment

Charvel 1988 Models, Charvel 1989 Models, charvel model 1c, charvel model 3dr, charvel model 4m, charvel model 5a, charvel model 5fx, charvel model 7, charvel model 8, charvel model 8m, charvel model 88, charvel model 1af, charvel model 1a3s, charvel model 1a1sh, charvel model hsh, charvel model midi, charvel model 88, charvel model 88, charvel model 88, 1988 89 charvel model series,

My first Charvel was a 3DR Dinky in 1988', loved that guitar

Looks like mine is a Model #2, the Floyd is like one of the first made, still works good.
              Last edited by Fusion-Dewd; 07-28-2018, 06:23 AM.

Comment

Comment

Just noticed someone also added a real Floyd nut and string tree to it, and tone control.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                    Just noticed someone also added a real Floyd nut and string tree to it, and tone control.

Tone pot came with the EMG's i used to have it tucked in the back but i ended up making it proper. I did the string tree too.
                    The Floyd nut was on it when i got it. Been shimmed properly.
                    My amps are brite, i need a tone pot on my guitars to roll off highs.

Comment

Working...
                    X