Body woods - again, I know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body woods - again, I know

I've read a lot of posts on this forum as far back as 2003 citing Poplar as the body wood of '91 and newer Charvel 475's. I have a cherry sunburst 475 Exotic that looks like it was in a hurricane (lots of through the wood chips and scrapes on the bottom), and I can absolutely believe it is Poplar, and it's light. I also have a few model 4's that are very heavy, and I've been led to believe these are basswood.

My question is, does anyone know with some amount of certainty what body wood a '91 Fusion might be made from? Poplar or Basswood? This is largely academic... I have a small spreadsheet with my guitars and recently I added a "weight" column and it's interesting to see how much heavier the Model 4's are than my later 475, Fusion, and Spectrum are.

In fact, my Spectrum is by far my lightest guitar, weighing in at only 6lbs 12oz. My grey model 4 on the other hand is nearly 9 lbs!

I love they way they all sound, just couldn't find a real answer and I'm lucky enough to have no nicks through the wood on these. I suppose I could take the neck off at my next string change and find out that way but with so many guitars in rotation, I haven't changed strings in almost two years on these (elixirs are amazing).

Check this for the body woods used

"There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Working...
    X