Bought myself charvel XL 750!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought myself charvel XL 750!!!

Hey guys! I bought myself Charvel XL 750. Want to share it with you. I brought it to my luthier, he checked it and told it me is top notch instrument. Everything is original on guitar except the pickups which are EMGs. I have two custom guitars from this luthier they are superstrat style with 25.5 scale. One is all maple and has that George Lynch sound and second is Alder with ash top and ebony fretbord. Both guitars are top instruments with great wood and bright tone and great attack, especially I love that maple one. In the beginning I didn t like XL 750 as it plays completely differently than my guitars with long scale. But as I play it more I tend to love it more and more for that mellow and deep tone. Just want to say that it plays completely differently that superstrats with long scale. Dont know actually how close is it to les paul. I have to go to guitar shop and compere it . So here I share with you my XL 750. By the way how does it compares to U.S. Charvels and Jackson? Can it even be somehow close to custom shop models?

Here are more photos https://www.rajce.net/u1183466

[IMG][/IMG]

Ok, you keep asking how close these are to a Les Paul.

I have 7 Gibson Les Pauls and none of them sound the same.

My 750XL is a string thru, which is closer to a Les Paul than yours. But there are two factors that make this not exactly like a Les Paul.

1. The pickups. Pretty obvious, if you want it to sound like a Les Paul, you need some sort of PAF. Mine has a Full Shred set.
    2. The neck is maple, not mahogany. The neck wood has a pretty big impact on the tone.

I have a 1977 Custom that Gibson used maple on the neck (from 1976 to 1981). This LP is stock and with the T-Tops doesn't sound anything like the 750XL. It's my GnR / Thin Lizzy axe.
    My 1996 Classic Premium Plus comes with the high output 496R/500T set. Close, but not exact.

The 750XL is a great axe, but I wouldn't say it sounds like Les Paul. Maybe with some different pickups, who knows.

Comment

That's a damn nice looking MIJ 750XL. Charvel XL's seem to be coming out of the wood work here lately.

Comment

Looks amazing

Comment

I know that it has maple neck. So theoreticaly it may be somehow close to Zakk Wylde les paul, which has also maple neck and emgs , I like Zakk a lot and I wanted guitar with his sound but with superstrat playability and comfort and hoped that XL 750 would be close somehow and I think it has that sound as it plays very differently that my superstrats, it has much more deep tone and more bass because of that short scale and mahagony. I know that bridge is very important in guitar sound. I just realized that whether I was playing some Epiphone or Gibson les paul that tune-o-matic bridge makes guitar acoustically very loud. And the strat with fixed bridge plays differently than regular one. But whatever, it is great guitar with its own sound which would be useful during the recording with my other two guitars. I was just curious if it is really Les paul killer as claimed

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

By the way did someone who have XL750 and Custom U.S. Jakcson or Charvele compare the quality of both guitars?

Comment

Maybe I'll sound too optimistic to some USA purists, but I'd say my 750XL plays and sounds as good as my 1988 Soloist and my (now sold) 1984 Rhoads. Yes, the 750XL is the best non-USA Charvel ever made.

Comment

Working...
                X