Charvel Model One Pics and Serial Number Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Model One Pics and Serial Number Question

Yo! I've had this for a long time. Had GMW do the paint many years ago. Dan Lawrence did the Bullseye part which I though was cool because I am pretty sure he was the guy who did the pile of skulls graphics for Jackson way back when....maybe I'm wrong on that part. Lee did the base (Real nice pearl white). Custom 5 in the bridge and a transparent EMG in the neck (LOL-Just a little joke)

Can anyone tell what year this thing is by the serial numba?

Thanks!

Last edited by KE2T; 11-07-2018, 09:34 PM.

Very cool model 1! Lee and Dan do great work and, yes, Dan has painted the pile o' skulls graphic (along with many others) for Jackson over the years. I'm sure some other members will be able to post about the serial number but from what I know, the numbers were not used sequentially. Most likely yours is an 87 or 88 model.

BTW, interesting screen name with KE2T. Do you have any KE2T Jacksons or is there some personal reason for the name?

Comment

Thanks man! I have had a few KE2T's over the years. Sure I have pics somewhere. Had a blue quilt top and a couple black ones. Think i was looking for one when I re-signed up here. They seem non-existent now a days

Comment

If memory serves, you can't tell a year by serial on the bolt ons.
        The best you can do is assume they were assigned in order, and then compare other serials that have been identified. For example: 274122 is a 1987, and 321475 is a 1988.

But, given the history of the Model 1, there really weren't any significant changes during its 3 years. A year shouldn't make a difference.

Comment

Great looking Model 1! From what I can tell, the only real difference in the years is that the 1986 had an uncovered J90C pickup and the 1987 had a covered J90C pickup. Otherwise, the Model 1 stayed consistent across the years.

Comment

Thx all. Yeah, mine has the covered pup which I still have. I was just curious about the aprox date

Comment

Cool Model 1 you have! Based on the double humbuckers I would say that is an 87. I always did like the transparent pickups!

Comment

Now let's do something about getting it a setup.

Comment

Cool Model 1. Now I must listen to Twisted Sister! \m/\m/

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
                    Now let's do something about getting it a setup.
                    notice the lack of truss rod cover I do my own but the charvie is pretty much wall art...... my main is this one RN (Well that and the pink Hello kitty)....sorry....I have temporarily converted

Last edited by KE2T; 11-08-2018, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by z1n View Post
                      Cool Model 1 you have! Based on the double humbuckers I would say that is an 87. I always did like the transparent pickups!
                      I might have some for sale lol!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X