Just picked up my Spectrum - pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just picked up my Spectrum - pics

Hi guys just picked up a desert crackle '91' spectrum. Looks in good knick but needs a general clean up.
    Thought i put up a few pics and thoughts. Got this one for $280AUS. Electronics http://member.newsguy.com/~ambad69/Spec2.jpg

Re: Just picked up my Spectrum - pics

Sweet guitar. Gotta love the crackle finishes. Does the tone EQ thing really make it sound like a wah?

I missed my chance on a black Spectrum with a maple board that I wanted to but to put on my Predator. It seemed even more rare as I have never seen a Spectrum with the Humbucker bridge and the black pickguard. I wonder how many of those were produced. The first time the guy had it on the BAY the high bid was $160 by ME, and I don't have a clue what his reserve was (he wouldn't tell me).

Comment

That one looks sweeeet with the humbucker and maple board. I'm not sure if i'll rout out and put a humbucker yet, I've got a hotrails lying around that i'll try first i think.

Comment

am_bad, you need some filler for that finish? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Serious, i love the Spectrum and the desert crackle is so cool! Very nice guitar.
        Henrik
        AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Tell ya what i really like the tone EQ thing on this, it really makes it sound like a wah.

Comment

Nice, was that the one on Ebay recently? I scored mine, just the same in Desert Crackle for AU$240 including shipping, with original Charvel case. I cleaned it up good and am going to leave it stock.

Vic

Comment

Yeah it was on ebay but no bids so i had more bargining power with them afterwards, I feel real lucky because i was prepared to pay a fair bit more for it too!

Comment

Working...
              X