Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the charvel star w/ model series neck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has the charvel star w/ model series neck?

Okay, so a few days ago, I remeber seeing a Star body with a Charvel model series neck and a JT6 to boot. The body was unfinished. I've been searching all over for those pics without any luck.

Can somebody help? I think something similar may need to be my next project!

I Need those pics! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Re: Who has the charvel star w/ model series neck?

<font color="aqua">I believe JG Cable had the Charvel import with the lightning bolt graphic but I don't think it had a JT6. Maybe those pics would help? </font>
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

It's mine. I got the body from GMW and the neck and trem were from a Model 4. Here's the pic again.

Comment

That is exactly it! Thank you!

I love your guitar bro, is that a mahogany body ?

Comment

It looks like mahogany to me.

Comment

It's actually alder. I finished it with tung oil because I wasn't sure if I could get used to the shape since all I'm used to is dinky or strats. Now that it's a keeper I'm gonna paint it and replace the JT-6 with a black vintage trem.

Comment

Yeah, you can tell by the wood grain that it isn't mahogany.

Mahogany has a ton of small dark spots, it almost looks like sandpaper.

Cool guitar man. I am probably the only one on the forums who doesn't like the Kelly or Warrior style guitars, but the star just looks so oldschool and classy.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                It's mine. I got the body from GMW and the neck and trem were from a Model 4. Here's the pic again.

[/ QUOTE ] Plon, how much was the body from GMW if you don't mind me asking? Did you have him make it, or was it just something he already had that you saw?

Thanks

Comment

[/ QUOTE ] Plon, how much was the body from GMW if you don't mind me asking? Did you have him make it, or was it just something he already had that you saw?

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

It was $150.00 and they had this one in stock. I was told they could make one for the same price.

Comment

Tom Diamond has my import catalog star. It has an OFR on it. Killer axe.

Comment

Working...
                    X