The best Charvel ever made...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best Charvel ever made...

Thats right boys... it is my 275DLX in 7-up green.
    I have several guitars that cost in the thousands each and they all take a back seat to my 275DLX.
    7-up green, unfinished 22 fret neck, removed toothpaste logo and replacement gold charvel logo, stacked single in the neck and a Duncan JB in the bridge both in white, Floyd, strap locks.... yea.. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: The best Charvel ever made...

I might have to disagree. My 650xl is the best playing guitar I have ever laid my hands on. I've not found a nicer feeling axe, no matter the cost. Of course, I'm always looking. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I hear ya bro!!

Comment

My Model 4 is one of the best playing guitars I've ever layed hands on. Now I just need to drop some new pickups in it to get it to really suit my tastes.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

The first year 275s are probably the most under rated Charvels. They used the old model series strat bodies and hardware. You couldn't give me a dinky body 275 with its cheap trem and its doubled single coil hum setup.
          The best import Charvels were the entire lineup for 1986. I think the kahlered Charvels are the best playing ones. I have had a Model 2, and still own a model 3a.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I think the kahlered Charvels are the best playing ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't agree more. Before I bought my first guitar way back when, a friend had two '86 Model 4's, black and white, regarded them as some of the best guitars ever made. I've always remembered (being much more impressionable at the time) how even though he had more than 30 guitars (and not crappy guitars) he always said the import Model series Charvels (at the time, the only import Charvels) were the best guitars he had. So near 15 or so years later, when I happened upon a Model 4 at a local shop, I jumped on it.
            -------------------------
            Blank yo!

Comment

I had a Charvel 275, and I really regret selling that thing. It had a feel to it that I havent found in any other guitar. It was really great. Although, when I tried putting a different pup in the bridge, I found that the stock j90c sounded waaaay better.

Comment

My 275dlx is a real workhorse. Balanced, great tone, no frills, and in my favorite color... 7-up green. Hum/sing with 1 vol, a 3 pos slide switch and a Floyd is the best combo for metal. I just love the damn thing. I built it many years ago and sold it to a guy locally (in Connecticut) when I was in desperate need of cash and told him that if he ever decided to sell it to please let me know and I would buy it back from him. I was cruising Ebay several years later and what do you know.... there is my guitar being sold by the guy I sold it to. I instantly emailed him and told him to end the auction but I was too late.Somebody in the mid west clicked the buy now and bought it. I emailed that person and asked if they didn't like the guitar when they got it if they would sell it to me. Luckily, the buyer found something he wanted even more and agreed to sell it to me when it arrived at his doorstep. He hammered me on the price but it was one of those "take it on the chin" situations. Tom Diamond even offered to front me the money for it at the time. That shows how kick ass this board is.

Comment

again a vote for the kahler ones
                  my old model6 feels really incredible

Comment

Everybody has their own opinon, hehe.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      You couldn't give me a dinky body 275 with its cheap trem and its doubled single coil hum setup.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you there for sure! I played one of those with the "humbucker" made up of two side by side stacked singles, can't tough the real thing! That was a bad trend for a while, I also remember certain Fenders had the side by side Lace Sensors. Just not the same though.

Comment

750XL ! Nuff said ! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

<font color="aqua">I couldn't agree more my friend..... [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
                          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

I agree that the 750xl is great, I love mine. But as far as feel and tone, right now my 650xl has it beat. We'll see where I stand with that after I throw a pair of Distortions in my 750, that is if I ever get around to it. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              750XL ! Nuff said ! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree also it is my favorite guitar(s).I could live without the others.
                              Mike
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------
                              SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

Working...
                              X