What wood was used on the Model6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What wood was used on the Model6

I am curious because of the tone I'm getting out of mine, seems to have a very bass like tone to it very deep. Maybe the battery is just dying on me & I'm a doof [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    According To The Prophecy

Re: What wood was used on the Model6

I believe it was poplar on the wings with a maple through neck and rosewood fretboard.

Comment

Cool thanks !

Comment

should have a fairly bright tone to it with all that maple. check your battery.

Comment

My 650xl has a real deep bass to it. Of course, it could be the pickups (Distortion/Cool Rails/Hot Rails), or the fact that I string up with 11's, or the way I eq my amp.... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

My Model 5 has the same wood configuration and the sound is somewhat on the bass side. Probably the pickups like Travis said.

Comment

Hey Thanks for all the info. Just got to decide what I'm gonna do with it tone wise.

Comment

my model 6 is also "blessed" with a nice bottom end. I was quite amazed when I learned that. Before I put in the present PU's, I was afraid they might be too bright, but no problems at all (steve's Special and lil screamin demon)

Harrald

Comment

Working...
                X