Model 4 Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 4 Questions

Did the Model 4 ever come with a reverse headstock, and what is the deal with some having dots and others having sharkfin inlays?
    Thanks
    Just one more guitar!

Re: Model 4 Questions

Model 4 never had a reverse headstock.

Starting in '87, they came with both dots and fins. In '88 you could get a maple/maple neck.

Also, '86 had a Kahler pro bridge. '87 on had the Jackson JT6 Floyd Copy.

Comment

<font color="aqua">Just to add to Pat's info, the ones with the sharkies were called a 4-A and the one with the maple fretboard were a 4M. </font>
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. The reason I was asking was because I just bought a model 4 with a reverse headstock. I didn’t think it was the right neck. It has a guitar shaped logo and dot inlays. The neck but is stamped “DR”. All the wiring was stock. I am really happy with this guitar it sounds great. I also have a Model 3 I built and installed EMGs. I think the Model 4 sounds better. I also have a Model 5 I bought on the forum, the owner but Jackson cover over the pickups and no active circuit. (Wired as v/v/t and a 3way switch? not what I am use to) The bridge has a Duncan 12BJ and the neck has a Duncan Design. I was going to install some Duncan Live Metals in it or a couple of EMGs. But after hearing the passive pickups with an active circuit I am thinking about going with the stock setup. What do you guys think?
        Just one more guitar!

Comment

that's probably a Model 3DR neck on your Model 4. The 3DR had a reverse headstock, dinky body, bridge humbucker &amp; slant single coil at the neck.
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Pics would help.

Comment

Working...
            X