New pots needed for my Charvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New pots needed for my Charvel

A couple years ago I bought a 89 or 90 Charvel fusion Custom. Last week the pot knob fell off and while takin a closer look at it I realized it was broken when I bought it because it had been rigged up so it would hold the knob on. My question is, what kinda pot do I need. Im not sure what that one is and what is to go back. I also have developed a short in the input jack and I'm gonna replace that as well. Could I get a little help from guys with what parts I need to replace these with because I'm not sure what I need. Thanks for any help ya could give me. [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Re: New pots needed for my Charvel

as far as I know 250k or 500k pots will do

harrald

Comment

Simple rule is 250K for single coils, 500K for humbuckers.
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

Or, if you have a chance, measure it with voltmeter. Then you'll be completely sure what value to take.

Comment

If your Fusion has a humbucker in it (which I'm pretty sure it does) you will need a 500K. If you buy a US made one, you may need to enlarge the hole slightly. An import one should be a perfect fit. Pots usually will only run you about 5 bucks or so. THe input jack will probably be 2-3 bucks for a standard mono jack. If you have active electronics, it will be a little more. Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
          X