Model 6 Arrived Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Model 6 Arrived Today

Will do, guy. How close to the water are you? This does look like it'll be worse than we thought, maybe a 3. And they keep moving the eye toward you and away from me. 'Course, who knows. We'll see tomorrow, huh?

Got all our shutters up. There are still toys and potted plants out front, but that wasn't my job.

Will be thinking about you: hope people, dogs, hogs, and guitars all do fine.

Oh, and I hope yer six shows up Saturday. Give you something to tinker with until they power comes back on! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Keith
    The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

We are right across the road (US 19) from the Anclote River which is already almost overflowing from all of the rain we have had. Tampa Bay is just to the west. Like I said, it should be interesting, hehe [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Hope you all / we all make it through ok.

Comment

Well, all three pots are 500k. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Gonna WHIP OUT my METER and start pokin'.

Keith

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Got all our shutters up. There are still toys and potted plants out front, but that wasn't my job.

Keith

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="yellow">Come on Keith, admit it, they are your toys....poor Keith, he's in denial [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            [ QUOTE ]

Keith

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="yellow">Come on Keith, admit it, they are your toys....poor Keith, he's in denial [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, let me put it this way. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] The toys that were outside are probably the ONLY toys that aren't mine. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] (Tricycles and the like.) That doesn't mean that I don't play with them. But they are his. Well, I mean I play with them when he lets me. But he usually is pretty good about such things.

The inside toys? Mine. Oh sure, I bought the drums for him, and he lets me play them, but whenever he asks I put him on the throne and let him pound away. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] And so far, he has been really good around the guitars. He asks, and I let him strum them - sometimes with me, sometimes on his own - but so far, he isn't going to hurt them any worse than I do.

OK, on to the new member of the family, the model 6.

One problem with the ass-sound has been identified.

The front toggle and knob control the bridge pup. The rear knob / toggle, the neck pup. So the Fred isn't really muddy, I was playing the neck pup. (Gimmie a break, I only had it plugged in for about 15 minutes this morning.)

Sounds much better tonight, through the JOHNSON J-station. (Can't crank up the amp now. Kid is asleep. So is wife, but she wouldn't hear the amp if I cranked it.)

OK, more tomorrow, if I have AC.
            Keith

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              If its the original bar, why is the bar chrome and the trem black?

****ing cool guitar, BTW.

[/ QUOTE ]

To my Knowledge, they all came with Chrome bars....

Keith, Hunker down with some beer and have a Hurricane Party... Be careful, bro!

Comment

That does look nice my friend ! I'm waiting on a Firecrackle Model 6. Should be here next Tuesday. I'll be sure to show her off.

Comment

Congrats man! That thing is beautiful.

Comment

Just wanted to report back on this one.

I've hardly played it: I spent some time early on removing the Fred and rewiring the boost and the original pup, but then that was it.

So today I finally strung it and set it up (why is it that every time I buy a Floyd'ed guitar off ebay, it shows up with either the floyd flying high at a 90 degree angle to the body, or cranked down so tight that it won't budge? Do only morons sell me guitars on ebay, or do some people like their trems like that?) and spent a couple of quality hours with it.

Oh.

My.

God.

So far as I know, there isn't anything out there for the price that can touch a model 5 or 6. Maybe I'm just biased.

Just wanted to give an update!

Keith

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Oh.

My.

God.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">Is Janice in there with you? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] </font>
                      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

I agree with you Keith and I am biased about my Model 5. The only thing keeping me from not liking the Model 6 as much is that it's not a dual humbucker guitar. I was always puzzled as to why they didn't offer the Model 5 with binding and sharkies. That would have made the Model 5 perfect IMO.

Comment

oops... never mind. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                          X