Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Body Question

Hey everyone,
    I picked up a cheap Charvel body off of ebay.

Link: auction

Now , from the looks of it, I'm infering its a Model 3. The only thing I'm wondering about is that it seems to be that it's Floyd routed. Did Charvel produce top routed, Floyd'd guitars?

One thing also that I have a question about is a replacement pickguard for it. I'm guessing a Fender replcement wouldnt work because of the trem. How or where can I get a pickguard to fit this?

Thanks

Re: Project Body Question

I could be wrong, but that doesn't look at all like a model 3 to me. The horns are not rounded enough.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

That comfort route on the back at the neck pocket doesn't look Charvel...I may be wrong, first time for everything [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Hmm...Good points. I've noticed the same thing zeegler, it seems more Dinky-ish then strat now that you mention it. This should be interesting when it gets here...

Comment

It looks to me to be a later Charvel/Jackson body due to the Dinky shape and the C-shaped cut out on the back by the neck pocket...I don't know what specific model though. A Fender pickguard will probably work, not all the pickguard mounting holes will line up, but some should, but you'll probably need to trim it by the trem as you said. Looks like a cool project!
          "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

From the looks of it, I'm guessing its from the CX series. Maybe a CX 390 Charvel body.

Comment

DOH! I forgot about the CX series!! Thanks guys. Well now i'm considering filling in the top routing and making it a rear route like someone here did to a nice looking Rhoads copy. Lots of choices though! Thanks a bunch.

Comment

Working...
              X