• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help identifying a Charvel

Hi,

This caught my eye on ebay.
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...sPageName=WDVW

Anyone got any clue as to what Charvel it is exactly? I don't know alot about Charvels, but were there other neck through Charvels that look like that, that aren't Model 6s?

Is it a decent guitar do you know?

Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Re: Need help identifying a Charvel

That's a 750xl. Definitely a very good guitar. Some would say the best Charvel, import or US. I've got a string thru version myself. It is a set maple neck on mahogany body with a maple cap. 24.75" scale.

Comment

Wow, cool [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

How much do you think is a good price to pay for one of these?

Comment

If you can get one for around $500 US, you've done all right. Sometimes they're a little less, but not often. Of course it all depends on condition and of course, location. They're a little more expensive in Europe I believe.

Comment

Excellent guitars, for sure. That ad has a few errors in it. They were not made in Germany by Schaller [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img], they were made in Japan. The tremolo is stamped "made in Germany by Schaller" & I've seen sellers (usually pawnshops) make this mistake before. It is set-neck, not neck-through. Another common mistake people make, since the neck joint transitions smoothly into the body like a neck-through. The pictures aren't very good, but the guitar has a flamed maple top. They can vary quite a bit in how well they are figured, but they are usually pretty nice. That one is Trans Amber, which is a pretty sought-after color. As far as price, that's a tough question, since it's for sale in the U.K. It seems like prices for these have crept up lately on eBay. Most seem to go for over $500 these days if they are in decent shape, and sometimes for quite a bit more. There seems to be more interest in them lately. There a quite a few threads in this section on the 750XL if you dig for them. Here is one. And this thread has some pictures of mine, including closeups of that neck-joint. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] think i'll definitly consider this one.

Comment

Working...
            X