3DR Project nears completion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 3DR Project nears completion

Man, I knew this thing was going to be sweet from the other thread, but seeing the finished product still blows me away! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] I've seen Dave's parts on many awesome projects here, but this is just amazing stuff. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Great job Mark. That guitar looks killer!

Comment

Awesome, just awesome. You two are a great team and that thing kicks ass.

Plays nice? When will you get to plug her in?

Awesome.

Keith
        The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

i'm waiting for the solid brass Budman Floyd Rose! i'd buy one if he made it.
          Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Really nice Mark.

Comment

The cable finally came in today (from FAAS in Canada) and I got to play her plugged in for the first time. Sounds awesome! I've got the "tip" end of the cable (peizo's)running into my quadraverb gt for the acoustic sound, and the "ring" end (hum) into the J-station for the heavier stuff. I haven't really found any real use for the blend (center position on the toggle) but with a flick of a switch I can change between two totally seperate types of sounds. The quadraverb makes some decent acoustic sounds but now I'm shopping around for a dedicated acoustic processor. This is fun!

edit: anyone tried the Boss AD-3 ??
              My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Very, very nice work mm2002 (sorry don't know your real name) and Dave...

I will have to contact Dave about some covers (trem and control) that I need to get because those look amazing. Dave do you have a website or anything or do I just PM you?

Comment

WOW... That axe is sweet als hell!!

As someone said before me: black and gold are a abso-fuckin'-lutely cool combination!!

Comment

mm2002, That turned out great! Very nice [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] As for the locking nut on there and not being able to tune once it's locked down, there is another option. A seller on Ebay,I.D. is zamuelatearthlinknet has listed from time to time, a 1 11/16graphite nut made to replace locking nuts on necks routed for Floyds. I checked and currently he doesn't have any listed though. You may contact him if you decide to change nuts so you can tune. When I saw one before, it appeared to use the same holes as a locking nut, so there wouldn't be any problems if you decided to go back to a locking nut in the future.

Chris
                    Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Very, very nice work mm2002 (sorry don't know your real name) and Dave...

I will have to contact Dave about some covers (trem and control) that I need to get because those look amazing. Dave do you have a website or anything or do I just PM you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dave's site is www.fretsonthenet.net.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        mm2002, That turned out great! Very nice [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] As for the locking nut on there and not being able to tune once it's locked down, there is another option. A seller on Ebay,I.D. is zamuelatearthlinknet has listed from time to time, a 1 11/16graphite nut made to replace locking nuts on necks routed for Floyds. I checked and currently he doesn't have any listed though. You may contact him if you decide to change nuts so you can tune. When I saw one before, it appeared to use the same holes as a locking nut, so there wouldn't be any problems if you decided to go back to a locking nut in the future.

Chris

[/ QUOTE ]

I may go that route later, Allparts sells those too. Of course then I'd have to get locking tuners. The guitar actually stays in tune very nicely after the strings are broke in good, so I haven't really missed the fine tuners yet (although it would be cool to have them). I imagine if I were playing the guitar out in live situations I'd probably go the standard nut/locking tuner route, but for playing here at home it's fine. If I have to stop and retune it gives me a chance to go refill my beer!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          If I have to stop and retune it gives me a chance to go refill my beer!!

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">Ah yes, great minds think alike! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
                          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                            X