3DR Project nears completion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3DR Project nears completion

This is the poor old hacked up 3DR I posted in the Tech section about the paint. I've got it all ready to go but waiting on ONE stinking cable from FAAS (Ghost mfg.) that I was shorted in the package, and my two gold knobs that were supposed to be here today [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. Anyway, here's how she turned out. Plays great but I can't plug it in yet.... [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] Oh and I can't seem to get any decent pics of it!! I've gotta buy a better camera. BTW, Dave (Budman68) hand-made the control cavity cover, trem cover, truss rod cover, pickup ring, and neck plate!! All polished brass and lemme tell ya, the guy does KILLER work!!!! Thanks gain Dave! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Re: 3DR Project nears completion

damn!! damn!! damn!! [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] that's badass. you painted that? wow
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

holy sh!t dude! That is killer
      Hail yesterday

Comment

WoW!! I'm totally humbled guys. Thanks for the compliments! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
        What I've done to this axe ANY of you could do! (and probably better) It's an import 3Dr with some bondo, a little sandpaper, a cheap-ass paint gun, and a lot of F'ing wiring! Oh and BTW, being the financial genius I am...I've only got about $500.00 in this one (plus a few hours labor)and I know it's got to be worth at least $200 bucks now! What an investment I've made!!
        [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Comment

I think Daves status has been upgraded from Bud Man to Bud God? That bridge is clean look'in. Killer Axe.
          ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Hey mm That guitar came out sweet as hell, I know what you mean about daves work I just got a bunch of parts from him myself for my RR7 project. Without the parts from Dave the RR would just look like another white V with pins on it.
            According To The Prophecy

Comment

I hear ya bros. Man.... over the last couple of years I've bought more parts from Dave than I can even count! (he'll vouch for that! ) The guy is a class act AND really puts his heart into his work. This counrty needs more true "craftsmen".

Comment

very nice work indeed. looks very classy...what type of bridge is that? And not to sound stupid, how do you tune it with the nut locked down?

Comment

Ahhh the question I was waiting for! It's not a stupid question and it's one I pondered long and hard before making my decision. The bridge is a brass Gotoh with Graph Tech "Ghost" saddles (peizo pups encased in their graphite composite material). The lack of fine tuners will make it impossible to adjust the tuning once the nut is locked down (just like the original Floyd Rose bridges w/o fine tuners) but this trem isn't designed for heavy "dive-bombs" or anything, just light vibrato use. The locking nut + the graphite saddles should make a quite stable platform. I was going to use the same bridge in the "hardtail" style but I thought it would be cool to have an acoustic tone with a little vibrato capabilities. Hey, it's just an experiment but I'll let you guys know how it works out.

Comment

Wow, looks great man. Black and Gold = always a winning combo.

Comment

<font color="aqua">WOW Mark, that looks great bro! You sure can paint can't ya!?!?!?

I also want to take a moment to thank all of you for your kind words. It has been a pleasure dealing with each of you and I have definitely become a better person from it. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Mark, you HAVE to send me a recording of that puppy when she's done, you know how I love that piezo sound [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] . Thanks again my friends...... </font>
                      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Oh My God!!!!!! Damn Mark so is this why you haven't been posting that much? That thing is FUKKIN schweeeeet! That is by far the best looking Model 3 I've ever seen. Good job bro!

Comment

That turned out really nice Mark, Great job!
                          shawnlutz.com

Comment

That guitar is sharp as hell!
                            "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

"sharp as hell".....hmmmm.....I'm going to have to look that one up...... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              J/K bro!
                              Thank you for the compliments brothers! They mean so much more coming from you guys! (you're a bunch of picky bastards [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] )

Comment

Working...
                              X