What happened?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened?!

I was looking at what seemed to be a nice 475 the other day. It was a white crackle, not exactly my favorite finish. Priced at $350.

I took it down for a closer inspection. Nice frets, but a few little cracks near the neck/body junction. Then I saw a three-inch gouge not just out of the finish, but all the way into the wood below.

Pretty tragic, really. I can't imagine the kind of hit it would have to take to generate that kind of damage. Well, actually, I can. That's the problem.

Re: What happened?!

<font color="aqua">Where was the gouge? I've seen cymbal stands get knocked over and the cymbal goes crashing into the guitar.... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] </font>
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

It was right near the output jack. Pretty brutal! It does look kind of like a cymbal could've done this 'cause the gouges are long and kind of deep.

Comment

I wouldn't be so worried about what caused the damage, but the price $350 for a damaged Charvel 475. That's a bit steep.

Comment

Yeah, I don't think they're going to get much for that guitar. They're also asking $500 for a Model 4 that's in decent shape, but that's still way too steep.

Comment

only paid 175 for my model 4 in decent shape....500 is outrageous-beware the crack smoking used gear dealer...

Comment

Working...
            X