Was there ever.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was there ever.........

A model 6 with a maple fingerboard? I'm searching for a white Charvel with a maple board non recessed Floyd. Any ideas?

Re: Was there ever.........

No, good luck, and no.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

HAHA I like that simple and to the point! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        A model 6 with a maple fingerboard? I'm searching for a white Charvel with a maple board non recessed Floyd. Any ideas?

[/ QUOTE ]

Too bad, because that seems to me like the perfect guitar.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Too bad, because that seems to me like the perfect guitar.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll second that! There's just something about a white guitar with a maple board. Unfortunately, I still don't have one in that finish [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Chris
          Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

you could get a Model 4M in white. That would satisfy your criteria. Unless you want neckthru [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
            Hail yesterday

Comment

What about a model 2 in white? If you like the whole 1-humbucker idea, that is another possibility.

Comment

I've always been about contrast when it comes to body and neck. I like a darker body with maple fretboards and with lighter bodies, I prefer a darker fretboard. It's all aestetics though... Not that big of a deal.
                Occupy JCF

Comment

Get a DK2LE from Easton.
                  Maple board with White body.
                  Bolt on though.

Or buyt a used Model 6, take the fretboard off, glue a maple board on it.
                  [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I heard that the Japan Custom Shop located in FT Worth TX built a few of the Model 6's with maple boards [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                    shawnlutz.com

Comment

ooohhh... I remeber the good old days of that Japan custom shop in Texas in 80's.
                      They used to build tons of U.S.A. stuff.

Comment

I wouldn't want to get a one hum model, as I use the neck pickup a lot. I don't want to ruin a piece of history by routing a hum or a single on a Model 1 or 2.

Comment

I wouldn't worry about it. There's plenty of these guitars around. I have three of them myself.
                          Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            I wouldn't want to get a one hum model, as I use the neck pickup a lot. I don't want to ruin a piece of history by routing a hum or a single on a Model 1 or 2.

[/ QUOTE ] Don't worry man. I don't think the Charvel Gods will strike you dead for modding a model 2. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            Scott
                            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Buy a model 6 and have someone install a maple board. Thats probably really expensive, but **** it! You only live once! Hmm, a maple board on my 650xl would look cool come to think about it!

Chuck
                              "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

Working...
                              X